Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC

Car Nutz:

Jay Leno is negotiating a new series of "Jay Leno's Garage" with CNBC,
which the hard-core car nutz (like me) will not want to miss. I had
the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Jay's garage last Spring, and
the stuff he has in there will drive you wild -- everything from a
steam-powered motorcycle and a tiny Lotus 7 to a monster powered by a
tank engine, and at least two cars with Rolls-Royce engines --
Merlins. !!

I think I left a puddle of drool under the three 1920s Bugatti Grand
Prix cars, which have engines that were made in machine shops,
machined all over.

Anyway, it should be a fun show; I'm planning to go out there again,
and I'll keep you up to date.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, October 10, 2014 10:27:42 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
Car Nutz:

Jay Leno is negotiating a new series of "Jay Leno's Garage" with CNBC,

which the hard-core car nutz (like me) will not want to miss.

Not bad, but about all I look at on CNBC is "American Greed".

I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Jay's garage last Spring ....

Hey! A friend in a high place! You know what, I heard on NPR's Marketplace awhile back (I think) that Cadillac's headquarters is setting up in NJ like the USA headquarters of BMW and Mercedes Benz. I know the New York auto show is near that area each year, too.

I also heard of another auto show advertised at Overpeck Park in NJ, but I don't know if its as high end or not. I'm not much of a car person, anyhow..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
Car Nutz:

Jay Leno is negotiating a new series of "Jay Leno's Garage" with CNBC,
which the hard-core car nutz (like me) will not want to miss. I had
the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Jay's garage last Spring, and
the stuff he has in there will drive you wild -- everything from a
steam-powered motorcycle and a tiny Lotus 7 to a monster powered by a
tank engine, and at least two cars with Rolls-Royce engines --
Merlins. !!

I think I left a puddle of drool under the three 1920s Bugatti Grand
Prix cars, which have engines that were made in machine shops,
machined all over.

Anyway, it should be a fun show; I'm planning to go out there again,
and I'll keep you up to date.

You subbed to his you tube channel?

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:33:04 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
Car Nutz:

Jay Leno is negotiating a new series of "Jay Leno's Garage" with CNBC,
which the hard-core car nutz (like me) will not want to miss. I had
the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Jay's garage last Spring, and
the stuff he has in there will drive you wild -- everything from a
steam-powered motorcycle and a tiny Lotus 7 to a monster powered by a
tank engine, and at least two cars with Rolls-Royce engines --
Merlins. !!

I think I left a puddle of drool under the three 1920s Bugatti Grand
Prix cars, which have engines that were made in machine shops,
machined all over.

Anyway, it should be a fun show; I'm planning to go out there again,
and I'll keep you up to date.

You subbed to his you tube channel?

I just watch it from time to time.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

Car Nutz:

Jay Leno is negotiating a new series of "Jay Leno's Garage" with CNBC,

which the hard-core car nutz (like me) will not want to miss. I had

the pleasure of spending an afternoon at Jay's garage last Spring, and

the stuff he has in there will drive you wild -- everything from a

steam-powered motorcycle and a tiny Lotus 7 to a monster powered by a

tank engine, and at least two cars with Rolls-Royce engines --

Merlins. !!

I think I left a puddle of drool under the three 1920s Bugatti Grand

Prix cars, which have engines that were made in machine shops,

machined all over.

Anyway, it should be a fun show; I'm planning to go out there again,

and I'll keep you up to date.

You subbed to his you tube channel?

I just watch it from time to time.

I know that over the years with NBC and their various associates, they have quite-often visited the issue of neighborhood high-octane street racing in New Jersey.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Not a lot. Some on Route 9 (Bruce Springsteen: "Out on highway 9";
"Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"). But the best
was always Woodward Avenue in Detroit:

http://www.amazon.com/Woodward-Avenu.../dp/1613250916

Young engineers from the Big Three used to try their latest ideas out
there. They started with a rolling start at around 20 mph so they
wouldn't burn up their clutches.

--
Ed Huntress