Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donny Deutsch's Big Idea on cnbc

Awl--

Anyone watch this show?

I watch it pretty regularly, usually the 1 am broadcast, after my miserable
shift.
Can't watch the circle-jerking celebrity stuff he does, or his fairly
regular fellatio of the Millionaire show peeple (or whatever), but when he
gets to the Joe Schmoe who's tryna make it, I find it mildly inspiring and
interesting. Even the likes of Paula Deen and her mini-bio are revealing.

But how revealing?
I always feel like something is missing from the story.
Very often, when the red herrings are thrown back, you get a bit of the real
skinny--rich hubby, the guy is a PhD in physics AND a patent attorney, oh, I
used to be a buyer for Macy's, oh I did this for a class at MIT.... iow,
not really Joe Schmo anymore.

Altho the stories are usually inneresting and at least somewhat relevant, I
find the real missing pieces to be usually somewhere along the money trail,
the real partnership agreements/legal wranglings, etc.
Or the real details of what was indeed hard planned work, what was
serendipitous, what was dumb luck, or how "chess game" of bidniss is played.

His bit of starting businesses with $100-$500 was more-or-less disingenuous,
misleading.
Yeah, a certain significant milestone may have been reached with that paltry
sum, but it is by no means tantamount to starting a bidniss.

At times, Donny, like Charlie Rose, will be snuckered, and will basically
wind up giving a free blow job to the undeserving.
Charlie did it to Bob Nardelli, before Bobby Boy sacked Home Depot for $211
mil, and Donny blew, for one, Tony Little, one of the 5 biggest health &
fitness con artists in the 2nd half of the 20th century.

But, for amc/rcm peeple, the show should prove inneresting, as it is, in one
form or another, the process of building ****, albeit rarely in a machine
shop proper.
Altho reference is sometimes made to the inventor's experience with machine
shops.

Deutsch's style is mildly refreshing as well, and heads and shoulders better
than most of the **** on cable. He himself I think is very very brite, and
hopefully not just just pawning off another fukn racket.
Along these lines, I'd watch more of Cramer on Mad Money, if he didn't make
me want to slit my jugulars after 5-10 minutes.
John Stewart sort of caught Cramer with his pants down, ito of the true
responsibility of his financial wisdomettes--dint catch all of it, but it
seemed Cramer wadn't batting so hot.... Darts, anyone?

Inyway, I'm interested in other takes on the show, other inputs into the
entrepreneurial process, bringing **** to market, etc.

If my **** ever gets to market, I would never be able to do a Donny Deutsch
show, cuz I would have nuthin at all good to say about the invention
process. I wouldn't wish this on my enemy. If I make a $million, it will
divide out to about $5/hour.
And that's not counting time on ngs.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM
A win-win idea Alwen Electronics Repair 1 December 7th 05 04:48 PM
A win-win idea Alwen Metalworking 0 December 7th 05 02:30 PM
A win-win idea Alwen Woodworking 3 December 6th 05 11:24 PM
New idea or old? Bob Ivey Woodturning 5 May 31st 05 08:50 PM