Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fly control

look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/13/2014 6:58 PM, SteveB wrote:
look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Where am I supposed to be looking?
Have you seen any serious studies of this method?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"amdx" wrote in message ...

On 7/13/2014 6:58 PM, SteveB wrote:
look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Where am I supposed to be looking?
Have you seen any serious studies of this method?

---
protection is active.

It's a terror weapon. You put some dead flies in the bag, and the other
flies see that, even if they have some money, they can't escape.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, July 14, 2014 9:56:04 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
On 7/13/2014 6:58 PM, SteveB wrote:

look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Where am I supposed to be looking?

Have you seen any serious studies of this method?

"Yes they do work. I don't really know why but it does help. We had a bad fly problem on our side patio. To the point you couldn't stay out there a couple of mintes without being swarmed with flies. I had seen the water bags used at a local cafe/bar and was skeptical about it but thought it was worth a try. I hung 3 1-gallon ziplock bags of water from the rafters along the outside edge of the patio and by the next day there were very few flies. Now out in the yard (where they were also bad) they are still there, but within 10 foot or so of the patio, there are hardly any.
I have noticed in the late afternoon (patio is on west side of house) when there is a slight breeze causing the bags to twist and sway, the sun hitting them makes it look like we have a slow moving disco ball going. Maybe its the water acting like a prism, causing moving spots and flashes that scares the flies away. Maybe a wind chime made of mirrors would do the same trick?
Also, I have never heard or seen the thing of putting pennies in the bag. Not sure what that would do, other than, I did put a marble sized rock in the corner of the bag to have something to wrap and tie the string around...maybe the first person to do this used pennies and got something started?? "
- TX Cowboy

-- http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/.../t-617598.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2014 6:56 AM, amdx wrote:
On 7/13/2014 6:58 PM, SteveB wrote:
look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Where am I supposed to be looking?
Have you seen any serious studies of this method?

---
protection is active.

Sorry numb nuts. Look in the most popular search engine you can find.
I tried to post the exact url, but each time was blocked my my server.
Now which one do you think is the major one? Rhymes with floogle.....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2014 2:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

I read on floogle (not the name of the real search engine, you unmunge)
that it actually makes a prism that is disorienting to the fly, plus
looks like the compound eye of an insect to the fly, making it think it
is a real life large predator.

I tried posting this message once using the actual search engine name
(you remember, the one that rhymes with floogle) but was blocked AGAIN.
So, I put it in code, but amdx didn't figure out the secret code. I
know YOU can read this, as you were able to get more info.

I guess there are servers, like amdx, and other individuals who have
issues with floogle. (not the real search engine)

Get it yet, amdx?

No? .............

Sigh .............

whine ..........

sniffle ..........

snort ..........

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Take out the ****ing garbage, idiot.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/14/2014 9:55 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

look for copper pennies in water in plastic bag fly repellent

Take out the ****ing garbage, idiot.

Better post while sober. I did not write that, and your comment makes
you look like the bigger idiot.

Post Sober!