Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheap DRO for my lathe

I'm interested in putting a couple of cheap DROs on my chinese CQ6230
gear head lathe.

Something like these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12-Digital-Readout-Read-Out-DRO-w-remote-LCD-for-Bridgeport-Mill-Lathes-/130757733115?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item 1e71c4aafb

Has anyone had experience with them?

I don't use flood coolant so that should not be a problem with them.

Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Kennedy" wrote in message
I'm interested in putting a couple of cheap DROs on my chinese CQ6230 gear
head lathe.

Has anyone had experience with them?

I don't use flood coolant so that should not be a problem with them.

Thanks

Been there done that. Go for it, makes life easier.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Has anyone had experience with them?

I don't use flood coolant so that should not be a problem with them.

I added one to the compound on one of mine. I already have a good DRO on
the X and Z, but sometimes need to calibrate movements (easily) in
compound feed.

The 'cheap' one I bought (I think, about $49) is magnetic scale, vermin
and waterproof, except for the cheap electronics case.

I popped the cover, and sealed everything with some silicone goo, and now
it's waterproof, too.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09-Jun-14 3:32 AM, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Has anyone had experience with them?

I don't use flood coolant so that should not be a problem with them.

I added one to the compound on one of mine. I already have a good DRO on
the X and Z, but sometimes need to calibrate movements (easily) in
compound feed.

The 'cheap' one I bought (I think, about $49) is magnetic scale, vermin
and waterproof, except for the cheap electronics case.

I popped the cover, and sealed everything with some silicone goo, and now
it's waterproof, too.

Lloyd

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

I think I'll order a pair today. I might start with one on the
cross-feed and one on the carriage and perhaps add one to the compound
feed later.

Cheers.

Cheap 3 jaw lathe chucks d32 Metalworking 15 January 9th 13 02:35 PM
Cheap Metal Lathe Jon Danniken[_7_] Metalworking 13 August 31st 12 01:25 PM
Cheap Bowl Lathe Steven Raphael Woodturning 11 December 9th 07 02:21 AM
With a Cheap lathe zap Woodturning 2 November 19th 06 04:14 PM
Cheap Lathe! Walt Cheever Woodturning 15 May 30th 05 12:49 AM