Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Robots will replace fast food workers, thank God

I personally can't wait to see robots replace fast food workers and
all those mixed up orders will no longer happen.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/22/tech...-robot/?iid=EL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 May 2014 15:29:36 -0500, Ignoramus17282
wrote:

I personally can't wait to see robots replace fast food workers and
all those mixed up orders will no longer happen.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/22/tech...-robot/?iid=EL

If I ever _ate_ at those gastric abominations, I might care.

(OK, I'll admit I 'ave a theeng por tacos de Taco Bell, or zat little
French restaurant in town, zee JacqueInZeeBox. Oh, and vanilla cones
from Mickey D's. But that's all I ever eat, fast-food-wise.)

It's the pink goo, guys!

I wonder if any of these companies will train their existing workers
to maintain their new staff of robots. If I were in high school or
college now, I'd start taking training courses for electronics and
robotics, fer sher. (Isn't Pete Flip doing that now?)

And speaking of heavy metal, check out this Expedition Vehicle.
http://www.gizmag.com/2014-earthroam...s-world/32199/
I think I'll save up my box tops for an XV-HD next year. Donations
happily accepted.

P.S: I wouldn't want to try to turn that XV-XLT around anywhere tight.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, May 26, 2014 1:29:36 PM UTC-7, Ignoramus17282 wrote:
I personally can't wait to see robots replace fast food workers and

all those mixed up orders will no longer happen.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/22/tech...-robot/?iid=EL

The article is a ****ing joke and you're a clueless moron.

I've never had a mixed up order from In-N-Out Burger. They probably pay their employees more than you pay your "machinist"

In-N-Out Burger CEO has a 91% approval rating.

89% of employees recommend this company to a friend.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/In-...ews-E14276.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I personally can't wait to see robots replace fast food workers and
all those mixed up orders will no longer happen.

Before you get too elated, are any of these people
customers? If they are they won't be buying much...

If they can't find jobs, we don't allow people to starve in
the street [yet], so they will be collecting welfare, which
the taxpayers, now or later, will have to fund.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

F. George McDuffee fired this volley in
:

If they can't find jobs, we don't allow people to starve in
the street [yet], so they will be collecting welfare, which
the taxpayers, now or later, will have to fund.

Unka, the ones who are working fast-food jobs are already on welfare.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I personally can't wait to see robots replace fast food workers and
all those mixed up orders will no longer happen.

Before you get too elated, are any of these people
customers? If they are they won't be buying much...

This idea has been in the air since about 150 years ago.

The speed of progress in automation and replacing people with
machines, has never been affected by such considerations.

If they can't find jobs, we don't allow people to starve in
the street [yet], so they will be collecting welfare, which
the taxpayers, now or later, will have to fund.

Of course.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I personally can't wait to see robots replace fast food workers and
all those mixed up orders will no longer happen.

Before you get too elated, are any of these people
customers? If they are they won't be buying much...

If they can't find jobs, we don't allow people to starve in
the street [yet], so they will be collecting welfare, which
the taxpayers, now or later, will have to fund.

This is true, however we are already far past the point where the
majority of the population was required to produce everything the
population needs. If it were not for the non-essential jobs like
entertainment unemployment would be 50% or more. When the economy tanks
in the near future (ala Argentina, Greece, Cypress, Spain, Portugal,
etc.) those jobs will be among the first to go. Ultimately we need to
address the issue of simply not having enough jobs to go around due to
automation and efficiency increases. Education as pushed by the left is
not the solution, since having 100 folks with PhDs competing for each
available job isn't going to solve anything.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

=============================
IMNSHO you are to be commended for discerning the incoming
tsunami. Few people have done so, and none of our political
leadership, perhaps subliminally feeling is they don't say
anything it will go away. We are far past the point of no
return, and many of the government's policies are
accelerating and steepening the change, such as subsidizing
significant automation and artificial intelligence research.

One aspect that you may have already considered is that the
American socioeconomy is not a monolith, but rather is
composed of several, in some cases incompatible, strata and
development stages. These range from hunter/gatherers
(known as “dumpster divers” in urban areas), to the
increasingly isolated/insulated high tech elite(1) and the
..1% Rentiers(2).

As usual, the country has been preparing for this by going
in the wrong direction, by increasing the average work
week(3).

(1)
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014...sco-thing-ever
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rentier
(3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_time

http://www.salon.com/2012/03/14/brin...our_work_week/

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...

As usual, the country has been preparing for this by going
in the wrong direction, by increasing the average work
week(3).

We should emulate the French, n'est-ce pas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35-hour_workweek

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 May 2014 19:21:37 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...

As usual, the country has been preparing for this by going
in the wrong direction, by increasing the average work
week(3).

We should emulate the French, n'est-ce pas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35-hour_workweek

jsw

========================
It would seem so on the surface but...

http://news.yahoo.com/frances-stress...053716607.html
snip
Despite France's labour laws, some of the strongest in the
world, depression, long-term illness, professional burnout
and even suicide are becoming increasingly common among
service-sector workers.
/snip

http://ebn.benefitnews.com/blog/ebvi...2741776-1.html
snip
83% of European respondents reported that they had been
physically or emotionally bullied; percentages were 65% in
the Americas, and 55% in Asia.
snip
European countries which have enacted laws prohibiting
workplace bullying (also known as mobbing or moral
harassment) include Sweden and France, Norway, Denmark, the
Netherlands, and Serbia. France Telecom (now known as
Orange) and its former CEO was placed under investigation
over the company’s alleged role in moral harassment and a
spate of workers suicides in 2012.
/snip

It seems as if too many managers feel that making people
miserable is part of their job description...

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 May 2014 19:21:37 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...

As usual, the country has been preparing for this by going
in the wrong direction, by increasing the average work
week(3).

We should emulate the French, n'est-ce pas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35-hour_workweek

Au contraire, mon ami.

http://tinyurl.com/mlkfjsl Zee book!

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is
necessary that he should not only be capable
of his work, but a good judge of his work.
-- John Ruskin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 May 2014 21:37:31 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
snip
We should emulate the French, n'est-ce pas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/35-hour_workweek

Au contraire, mon ami.

http://tinyurl.com/mlkfjsl Zee book!

snip