Richard

Default Replace Duo Fast 350

I am interested in replacing my ancient Duo Fast CN 350 framing
nailer. I have lots of nails (they seem to be 21 deg plastic collated
but I am not sure). I would like to buy a replacement gun, not
necessarily Duo Fast. Does anyone know a lighter weight gun which
DEFINITELY uses these nails.
Thanks, Richard
bridger

In article ,
Richard wrote:

I am interested in replacing my ancient Duo Fast CN 350 framing
nailer. I have lots of nails (they seem to be 21 deg plastic collated
but I am not sure). I would like to buy a replacement gun, not
necessarily Duo Fast. Does anyone know a lighter weight gun which
DEFINITELY uses these nails.
Thanks, Richard

the NR83A2 Hitachi Framing Nailer is a 22 degree gun. I have had
success running nails that are a degree or two different from what the
gun was built for. take a stick of your nails to your best local tool
dealer and compare them to what they have in stock, and try the guns for
balance and heft...
Thomas Kendrick

If the replacement does not need to be new, the Hitachi NR83A has been
around for quite some time, so used ones should be plentiful. If you
like the new features such as depth of drive and selectable trigger
control, then only the most recent models have them.
The weight is 7.9 pounds and it is very well balanced. I have the
NR83A with the selectable trigger from an A2 model installed.

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:08:59 -0700, bridger
wrote:

In article ,
Richard wrote:

I am interested in replacing my ancient Duo Fast CN 350 framing
nailer. I have lots of nails (they seem to be 21 deg plastic collated
but I am not sure). I would like to buy a replacement gun, not
necessarily Duo Fast. Does anyone know a lighter weight gun which
DEFINITELY uses these nails.
Thanks, Richard

the NR83A2 Hitachi Framing Nailer is a 22 degree gun. I have had
success running nails that are a degree or two different from what the
gun was built for. take a stick of your nails to your best local tool
dealer and compare them to what they have in stock, and try the guns for
balance and heft...

Ron Truitt

I bought a heavy HF 04041 21 degree wih plastic collated nails just to
check it out for a small project prior to doing a deck. It is around 10
lbs though.

I found some generic 21 degree nails and they say that they are for
these guns:

Dewalt D51845
Hitachi NR83A and NR90AC2
Porter Cable FR350 and FR350MAG
Senco All Fram Pro 600 FRH and 700FRH series

Hope this helps.

RonT

Richard wrote:
I am interested in replacing my ancient Duo Fast CN 350 framing
nailer. I have lots of nails (they seem to be 21 deg plastic collated
but I am not sure). I would like to buy a replacement gun, not
necessarily Duo Fast. Does anyone know a lighter weight gun which
DEFINITELY uses these nails.
Thanks, Richard

Nail boxes commonly list the gun models they will work with. A box
that mentions your model will provide list of other models that will
work.

ray