Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Non medical questions during medical exams

On 5/14/2014 8:06 PM, Ignoramus8923 wrote:
To anyone asking this kind of question, I simply answer, yes I have a
lot of guns, and so should you doctor, they are fun.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It is getting ridiculous. A friend of mine said they asked him if he
had any guns in his house. He refused, and said he was there for
medical reasons, not political ones.

Now, when I go to the doctor, the first thing they ask is "Are you in a
relationship where anyone is abusing you?"

I have watched several you tube videos that people take of traffic
stops, and in them are specific instructions as to just what it is you
have to do regarding providing your license, rolling down the window,
getting out of the car, etc. It seems that there is a lot you DON'T
have to do, and lots of things LEOs do that are questionable. It seems
people's rights are being violated by them not being advised that they
do have a choice when being asked to do some of the things they are
asked to do.

I don't speed. I have a damn fine driving record, driving 50+ years
now. I am getting a little aggravated with this new school uber
policeman with twelve pounds of gear, including a $450 flashlight. Bald
heads, $300 sunglasses, looking just a bit intimidating, rather than the
friendly "serve and protect" image, or even good old Barney Fife. They
want you to be ultra respective with them, yet I have seen cases where
they treat people like dirt in a third world country. There has been a
lot of officers lose their jobs, and a lot of video taken of LEOs acting
shall we say inappropriately, and in some cases, criminally treating people.

I know it's a tough job, and I couldn't do it. But it's just getting a
little scary with what all the "government" and the police are asking us
to provide to them in relatively peaceful non-threatening situations.

What should I say if I am asked the gun question? If I am silent, then
am I put into the Group W folder with mother stabbers and father rapers?
What the hell does owning a gun have to do with anything?

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

To anyone asking this kind of question, I simply answer, yes I have a
lot of guns, and so should you doctor, they are fun.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
[...]

All part of Obozo care. They ask you about guns, note that in your file.
Then if you are prescribed ANY type of psychotic drugs they can turn you
in as a danger to others.

I simply refuse to answer any of that crap.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 15-May-14 8:41 AM, SteveB wrote:
[...]

Maybe the doc had an interest in guns, maybe he was concerned about your
pals mental health.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

You ****ing idiot.

If you don't like the questions that your doctor asks, then either get
yourself a different doctor, or better yet, go without.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 May 2014 17:41:42 -0700, SteveB wrote:

[...]

If you own guns...it puts you into a special category. If you are a
gun owning veteran..it puts you into another very special
catagory..now you are treading on thin ice.

Simply lie to the *******s and tell em "no..not me...Im a Liberal
Democrat"

You are there for medical issues. Lying about politics doesn't
count..and afterall..its a very Liberal thing to do.

I did that some time back, while sitting in the exam room and wearing
an NRA shirt. Doctor paused for a moment, then grinned from ear to
ear and gave me a thumbs up. But he is a shooter as well.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

If you own guns...it puts you into a special category. If you are a
gun owning veteran..it puts you into another very special
catagory..now you are treading on thin ice.

Simply lie to the *******s and tell em "no..not me...Im a Liberal
Democrat"

You are there for medical issues. Lying about politics doesn't
count..and afterall..its a very Liberal thing to do.

I did that some time back, while sitting in the exam room and wearing
an NRA shirt. Doctor paused for a moment, then grinned from ear to
ear and gave me a thumbs up. But he is a shooter as well.

Ask them, Do I need to own a gun to get proper treatment?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote in
:

[...]

The last time they asked that, I said "Of Course!" My wife, my daughter
and I are all active target shooters, and I coach, gunsmith, and teach
pistol shooting.

I think the next question was "Do you feel safe at home?". I said
"Extremely!"

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When I got my finger in the grinder, the admitting nurse asked me if there was any domestic violence at my home. I said, "No. But sometimes I think about drop kicking the wife's cat."

The nurse complained that she keeps getting things like that about the cat.