Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kennedy Kennedy is offline

Default Non medical questions during medical exams

On 15-May-14 8:41 AM, SteveB wrote:
It is getting ridiculous. A friend of mine said they asked him if he
had any guns in his house. He refused, and said he was there for
medical reasons, not political ones.

Now, when I go to the doctor, the first thing they ask is "Are you in a
relationship where anyone is abusing you?"

I have watched several you tube videos that people take of traffic
stops, and in them are specific instructions as to just what it is you
have to do regarding providing your license, rolling down the window,
getting out of the car, etc. It seems that there is a lot you DON'T
have to do, and lots of things LEOs do that are questionable. It seems
people's rights are being violated by them not being advised that they
do have a choice when being asked to do some of the things they are
asked to do.

I don't speed. I have a damn fine driving record, driving 50+ years
now. I am getting a little aggravated with this new school uber
policeman with twelve pounds of gear, including a $450 flashlight. Bald
heads, $300 sunglasses, looking just a bit intimidating, rather than the
friendly "serve and protect" image, or even good old Barney Fife. They
want you to be ultra respective with them, yet I have seen cases where
they treat people like dirt in a third world country. There has been a
lot of officers lose their jobs, and a lot of video taken of LEOs acting
shall we say inappropriately, and in some cases, criminally treating
people.

I know it's a tough job, and I couldn't do it. But it's just getting a
little scary with what all the "government" and the police are asking us
to provide to them in relatively peaceful non-threatening situations.

What should I say if I am asked the gun question? If I am silent, then
am I put into the Group W folder with mother stabbers and father rapers?
What the hell does owning a gun have to do with anything?

Steve

Maybe the doc had an interest in guns, maybe he was concerned about your
pals mental health.