Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The US is running out of welders

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:14:12 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names fired this volley

in :

TRANSLATION: I have no information to refute what the liberal said,

Screw what anybody said: This is the truth.

I was shooting a fireworks show in DeLand, Florida. As part of my duties

as lead-shooter, I went to a supermarket to buy lunch for the crew. We

were short on crew, and I could have used more people.

So, when the young person (19-or-so) at the checkout noticed we were

wearing fireworks-emblazened shirts, I was asked about the job.

I said, "We do fireworks shows... the show tonight, at the airport. We

could use some help. Could you come?".

The response was, "I don't do dirty physical labor!" Oh... You'd avoid

doing ten hours of a $30 per hour job for a lousy four hours of a $10 per

hour job because you don't do "dirty"?

The reason we don't have enough laborers (skilled or otherwise) is

because today's youth figures it's 'beneath them' to do that sort of

work. They've been carefully taught that mantra.

That happens to be a "liberal" philosophy -- everyone is entitled to a

good income without "working". All you need be is a "citizen"

functioning in some sort of "make-work" activity (including NO work), and

it's guaranteed.

Life just doesn't work that (liberal) way.

LLoyd

More bull**** from Uncle Loud.

The US is running out of welders [email protected] Metalworking 25 March 26th 14 02:19 AM
The US is running out of welders jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 March 23rd 14 04:53 PM
6 Welders Larry Jaques[_4_] Metalworking 10 September 28th 11 02:08 AM
Mig Welders RogerN Metalworking 57 July 24th 10 01:09 PM
Welders Jerry Foster Metalworking 6 September 7th 07 09:55 AM