Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The US is running out of welders

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:47:08 AM UTC-4, Ray Keller wrote:

The US is running out of welders

Welding was seen as a dead-end job for decades. Now, skilled workers say they

can easily earn $100,000 a year in the shortage.

But the high pay only lasts while there is a shortage. And there are at least two ways to end the shortage. One is to have more people get trained as welders. And the other is to automate. Ever hear of friction stir welding?

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:49:12 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:47:08 AM UTC-4, Ray Keller wrote:

The US is running out of welders

Welding was seen as a dead-end job for decades. Now, skilled workers say they

can easily earn $100,000 a year in the shortage.

But the high pay only lasts while there is a shortage. And there are at least two ways to end the shortage. One is to have more people get trained as welders. And the other is to automate. Ever hear of friction stir welding?

Dan

If management could automate they would. On many of these jobs welding can't be automated at a rate that's economical. That's not going to change anytime soon.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:53:55 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

If management could automate they would. On many of these jobs welding can't be automated at a rate that's economical. That's not going to change anytime soon.

Too late. Most welding is already automated.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:27:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 3:53:55 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

If management could automate they would. On many of these jobs welding can't be automated at a rate that's economical. That's not going to change anytime soon.

Too late. Most welding is already automated.

Dan

Wrong again. No it's not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:30:42 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Too late. Most welding is already automated.

Dan

Wrong again. No it's not.

friction stir welding
SAW
orbital pipeline welding
SMAW by robots
spot welding by robots in car assembly plants
Multi-Pass Welding Operations in Large Shipbuilding
automated welding of bar joists
Robotic Pulsed Mig Welding For Bicycles
Robotic Laser System Helps Build Better Bikes
Automated Welding - Not Just for the Big Jobs Lincoln Electric
Welded structural shapes

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:56:32 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:30:42 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Too late. Most welding is already automated.

Dan

Wrong again. No it's not.

friction stir welding

SAW

orbital pipeline welding

SMAW by robots

spot welding by robots in car assembly plants

Multi-Pass Welding Operations in Large Shipbuilding

automated welding of bar joists

Robotic Pulsed Mig Welding For Bicycles

Robotic Laser System Helps Build Better Bikes

Automated Welding - Not Just for the Big Jobs Lincoln Electric

Welded structural shapes

Dan

How well does welding automation work outside on rough terrain?

How well does welding automation work on short run jobs that you will never see again?

How well does welding automation work on... never mind. Just because you're a brain dead moron that often has no idea what happens on the real world doesn't mean everyone else is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:14:36 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

How well does welding automation work outside on rough terrain?

Pretty well.

How well does welding automation work on short run jobs that you will never see again?

Good an short runs, but then that is not much production.

How well does welding automation work on... never mind. Just because you're a brain dead moron that often has no idea what happens on the real world doesn't mean everyone else is.

Just because you are not up with current welding methods does not mean everyone else is ignorant.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:06:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:14:36 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

How well does welding automation work outside on rough terrain?

Pretty well.

How well does welding automation work on short run jobs that you will never see again?

Good an short runs, but then that is not much production.

How well does welding automation work on... never mind. Just because you're a brain dead moron that often has no idea what happens on the real world doesn't mean everyone else is.

Just because you are not up with current welding methods does not mean everyone else is ignorant.

Dan

No proof. Just bull****. It's not working.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This is great that the USA is running out of welders.

I have about ten welders for sale.

Maybe I should double their price in light of this news?

After all, as we all know, professional weldors need welders to do
welding..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

Come on, Jon.

This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".

Most means most.

No reason to call people names.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:09:57 PM UTC-7, Ignoramus25320 wrote:
This is great that the USA is running out of welders.

I have about ten welders for sale.

Maybe I should double their price in light of this news?

After all, as we all know, professional weldors need welders to do

welding..

Good professional welders buy modern equipment rather than the outdated crap you use this newsgroup to sell.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
[...]

Worthless morons:

People who can't back up their statements with facts.

Mark Wieber with his constant lies.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:56:32 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:30:42 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Too late. Most welding is already automated.

Dan

Wrong again. No it's not.

friction stir welding
SAW
orbital pipeline welding
SMAW by robots
spot welding by robots in car assembly plants
Multi-Pass Welding Operations in Large Shipbuilding
automated welding of bar joists
Robotic Pulsed Mig Welding For Bicycles
Robotic Laser System Helps Build Better Bikes
Automated Welding - Not Just for the Big Jobs Lincoln Electric
Welded structural shapes

Dan

Whoops...Jonboi got spittle on his t-shirt once again.

(VBG)

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No, I didn't. However, you do over and over when you get busted for lying.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/24/2014 1:47 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Come on, Jon.

This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".

Most means most.

No reason to call people names.

Worthless morons:

People who can't back up their statements with facts.

Mark Wieber with his constant lies.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Ok, no argument there.

But is this making it any better?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 24, 2014 7:25:15 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/24/2014 1:47 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:

On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Come on, Jon.

This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".

Most means most.

No reason to call people names.

Worthless morons:

People who can't back up their statements with facts.

Mark Wieber with his constant lies.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Ok, no argument there.

But is this making it any better?

Hard to get much worse than it is now.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/24/2014 9:54 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Monday, March 24, 2014 7:25:15 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/24/2014 1:47 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
Come on, Jon.
This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".
Most means most.
No reason to call people names.
Worthless morons:
People who can't back up their statements with facts.
Mark Wieber with his constant lies.
Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.
Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Ok, no argument there.

But is this making it any better?

Hard to get much worse than it is now.

Well, again no argument there....

But are you helping? Or hurting?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:16:29 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/24/2014 9:54 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Monday, March 24, 2014 7:25:15 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:

On 3/24/2014 1:47 AM, jon_banquer wrote:

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:

On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Come on, Jon.

This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".

Most means most.

No reason to call people names.

Worthless morons:

People who can't back up their statements with facts.

Mark Wieber with his constant lies.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Ok, no argument there.

But is this making it any better?

Hard to get much worse than it is now.

Well, again no argument there....

But are you helping? Or hurting?

Think giving up like EA, Bottlebob and others have done is the right answer? I don't think it is.

What I have to say attracts a minority audience. Sometimes that minority can be can grow quite large and be very vocal.

There are now almost 1,800 member of my LinkedIn group. There is good reason for that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:25:15 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 3/24/2014 1:47 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Come on, Jon.

This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".

Most means most.

No reason to call people names.

Worthless morons:

People who can't back up their statements with facts.

Mark Wieber with his constant lies.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Ok, no argument there.

But is this making it any better?

What "lies"?

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 3/24/2014 1:47 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:21:15 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/23/2014 7:14 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Come on, Jon.

This isn't Bill Clinton arguing the meaning of the word "is".

Most means most.

No reason to call people names.

Worthless morons:

People who can't back up their statements with facts.

Mark Wieber with his constant lies.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots.

Those who can't figure out how Mark Wieber destroyed this newsgroup with his cross posting.

Ok, no argument there.

But is this making it any better?

I found that simply kill filing certain people improved the news group
considerably. One has to wonder why such a brilliant person such as
Jon-jon hasn't discovered this.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Kill files are for pussies. You're a pussy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/24/2014 8:07 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
Kill files are for pussies. You're a pussy.

Then paint me pink and tell me I smell like fish.

I run Thunderbird and have embraced the metaphysical comma.
That single character filter knocks out all cross-posting to this group.
Makes this newsgroup a much more civilized place to visit...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 24, 2014 9:36:21 PM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On 3/24/2014 8:07 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

Kill files are for pussies. You're a pussy.

Then paint me pink and tell me I smell like fish.

I run Thunderbird and have embraced the metaphysical comma.

That single character filter knocks out all cross-posting to this group.

Makes this newsgroup a much more civilized place to visit...

There is no place for being civil when I'm dealing with Mark Wieber clique of idiot members. I make a concerted effort to get all Wieber's pussy followers to put me in their kill files or just not respond to anything I post. Seems to be working pretty well so far and I don't think any of them are the wiser.

Its fascinating how Jon makes that claim..and has used at least..at
least 27 (last count) different nyms to avoid the various kill files
he has been slammed into..on a vast number of groups and sites and is
well known for being a nym shifter.

Yall do know he was banned from at least 3 of his own groups..right?

Just one quick example....

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...5/index11.html

Maybe 2....

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Jon-B...74.S.144336888

Maybe 3...

http://www.freag.net/en/t/hwnu/jon_banquer_blo

Sigh..there is simply so MUCH stuff out there about Jonboi..its
difficult to simply post just one.....

--

"

Its fascinating how Jon makes that claim..and has used at least..at

[...]

Yawn...

More of the usual Mark Wieber lies that he can't back up. I post with only two accounts to this newsgroup. Both use my real name.

From my very successful LinkedIn group rules which has close to 1,800 members and is an open group that can be read by anyone:

"This group is offered as an alternative to paid advertising based CADCAM discussion forums where the advertiser is always favored over users when push comes to shove.

For years I experienced censorship and banning on paid advertising CADCAM forums, official CADCAM company run forums and on CADCAM fanboi blogs. The censorship and banned occurred when I called CADCAM companies and their fanboi's out on specific issues. That's not going to happen in this group to outspoken, knowledgeable, CADCAM users who posts facts... ever.

Comments should explain in sufficient detail why the technology you are discussing is a leading edge technology. Comments like "xyz CADCAM is the best!!!" or "abc CADCAM sucks!!!" will be deleted. Hard hitting, fact based, comparisons between different CADCAM products are acceptable and encouraged. Here is an example of what I consider to be an acceptable, hard hitting comparison:

xyz CADCAM has direct modeling tools that allow me to work quickly and easily on non-native solids. abc CADCAM has no real direct modeling tools because abc CADCAM only has a Replace Face tool for direct modeling and that adds a feature to the history tree. I find xyz direct modeling tools to be much better because our shop mostly works with non-native solids.

No personal attacks of any kind will be permitted in this group."

6 Welders Larry Jaques[_4_] Metalworking 10 September 28th 11 02:08 AM
Mig Welders RogerN Metalworking 57 July 24th 10 01:09 PM
Welders Jerry Foster Metalworking 6 September 7th 07 09:55 AM
Arc Welders Terry Cano Home Repair 11 May 24th 06 06:01 PM
Two $30 MIG Welders Jeff Polaski Metalworking 0 August 5th 04 06:11 AM