Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The US is running out of welders

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:56:32 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:30:42 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:

Too late. Most welding is already automated.

Dan

Wrong again. No it's not.

friction stir welding
SAW
orbital pipeline welding
SMAW by robots
spot welding by robots in car assembly plants
Multi-Pass Welding Operations in Large Shipbuilding
automated welding of bar joists
Robotic Pulsed Mig Welding For Bicycles
Robotic Laser System Helps Build Better Bikes
Automated Welding - Not Just for the Big Jobs Lincoln Electric
Welded structural shapes

Dan

Whoops...Jonboi got spittle on his t-shirt once again.

(VBG)

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---