Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FAL locking shoulder machine jig

I keep sorting though my locking shoulders for FAL when headspacing.
You can file a couple thou but its getting where the only shoulders I
have left are way to thick. So, my evening project build a fixture to
machine locking shoulders.

For me the trick part was measuring the exact angle between the lock
surface and the locating ear. its 11 degrees. Actually I got 11 on two
shoulders and 11.5 on another. See pic for my setup

I then machined a block to hold the locking shoulder. Couple points on
this jig. I made the locating ear stick up 1 RCH (red c$%^t hair) so
the shoulder would clamp tight in the vice. I also made the block
exactly 1 inch higher than the shoulder measurement. Then I can put a
1-2 mike on the shoulder in the jig and measure exactly where its at
without removing from the mill.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/FAL...11_degrees.jpg
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/FAL...achine_jig.jpg
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

Hey Karl , your links have been altered .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/FAL...11_degrees.jpg
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/FAL...achine_jig.jpg

Hey Karl , your links have been altered .

wups

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/FAL...11_degrees.jpg
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/FAL...achine_jig.jpg

Slag on my shoulder Don Foreman Metalworking 3 September 14th 10 04:34 AM
Shoulder Tripod?? Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 11 April 4th 09 11:19 AM
Washing machine transportation locking bolts [email protected] UK diy 10 October 17th 08 03:06 PM
Strimists Shoulder Fitz UK diy 17 October 12th 06 12:13 AM
Shoulder Plane Tattooed and Dusty Woodworking 6 April 17th 05 12:16 AM