Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody got a desoldering station collecting dust?

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 03:52:16 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Just busted my last tip for my Edsy Soldapullt..and before I order
another one..was wondering if anyone had a usable old desoldering
station collecting dust? I dont do a hell of a lot of
desoldering..but I do some..mostly switches and larger bits of solder
joints.

Swap/trade/buy if the price is right.

Have not seen it in a few years, but have one very similar to this
*somewhere* in my barn.
http://www.stevenjohnson.com/solderi...dering-kit.jpg
--
William

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just busted my last tip for my Edsy Soldapullt..and before I order
another one..was wondering if anyone had a usable old desoldering
station collecting dust? I dont do a hell of a lot of
desoldering..but I do some..mostly switches and larger bits of solder
joints.

Swap/trade/buy if the price is right.

Have not seen it in a few years, but have one very similar to this
*somewhere* in my barn.
http://www.stevenjohnson.com/solderi...dering-kit.jpg

Yesterday, I talked to a cellphone repair guy.
He uses one of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shipped-From...p2054897.l4276

Claims it works well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:44:51 -0800, mike wrote:

Yesterday, I talked to a cellphone repair guy.
He uses one of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shipped-From...p2054897.l4276

Claims it works well.

Probably more what Gunner needs than the antique I have. Clicked on your
link and looked at the pictures then started scrolling the text slightly
faster than I can read and this jumped out at me.
"Warning:
The light system will shoot straightly. Please pay more attention to
yourself control time to avoid burning out."

Right...
--
William
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just busted my last tip for my Edsy Soldapullt..and before I order
another one..was wondering if anyone had a usable old desoldering
station collecting dust? I dont do a hell of a lot of
desoldering..but I do some..mostly switches and larger bits of solder
joints.

Swap/trade/buy if the price is right.

Have not seen it in a few years, but have one very similar to this
*somewhere* in my barn.
http://www.stevenjohnson.com/solderi...dering-kit.jpg

Yesterday, I talked to a cellphone repair guy.
He uses one of these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shipped-From...p2054897.l4276

Claims it works well.

Made for SMR circuit boards. Ill never EVER work on that sort of
stuff.

Something with a suction device is good enough.

Like the rat shack iron, but as I recall..I had one of those and the
bulb degraded over 5 or so years and simply crumbled into pieces. I
was pondering something else and suddenly remembered that factoid.

But thanks!

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Just busted my last tip for my Edsy Soldapullt..and before I order
another one..was wondering if anyone had a usable old desoldering
station collecting dust? I dont do a hell of a lot of
desoldering..but I do some..mostly switches and larger bits of solder
joints.

Made for SMR circuit boards. Ill never EVER work on that sort of
stuff.

Something with a suction device is good enough.

Like the rat shack iron, but as I recall..I had one of those and the
bulb degraded over 5 or so years and simply crumbled into pieces. I
was pondering something else and suddenly remembered that factoid.

But thanks!

That would be the old one. The newer one uses a different material. BUT
if you still have the old one it can use the bulb from
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062742

Or you could probably use
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=17241906

or
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062745
if you wanted a trigger style unit.

Also look at the replacement tips, they may fit yours.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yep. If the bulb gets oil onto it - fingers / any - it decays.

Have one in my tool box. How abut one of the sticks that you load up
and put it there and press a button. Some have better results than
the older iron type.

Martin

desoldering station geoff UK diy 13 March 16th 12 01:05 AM
Fs Hakko 481 Ace Desoldering Station [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 June 8th 08 01:25 PM
Does anyone have the schematics to a Xytronic 968 desoldering station Jeroen Paes Electronics Repair 0 January 20th 05 06:52 PM
Recommendations for soldering station and Desoldering station or rework station. Z Electronics Repair 0 May 9th 04 04:15 AM
Hakko 700 desoldering/soldering station John Crighton Electronics Repair 2 October 4th 03 03:57 PM