Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Anybody got a desoldering station collecting dust?

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:44:51 -0800, mike wrote:

On 3/5/2014 5:26 PM, William Bagwell wrote:
On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 03:52:16 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Just busted my last tip for my Edsy Soldapullt..and before I order
another one..was wondering if anyone had a usable old desoldering
station collecting dust? I dont do a hell of a lot of
desoldering..but I do some..mostly switches and larger bits of solder
joints.

Made for SMR circuit boards. Ill never EVER work on that sort of
stuff.

Something with a suction device is good enough.

Like the rat shack iron, but as I recall..I had one of those and the
bulb degraded over 5 or so years and simply crumbled into pieces. I
was pondering something else and suddenly remembered that factoid.

But thanks!

That would be the old one. The newer one uses a different material. BUT
if you still have the old one it can use the bulb from
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062742

Or you could probably use
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=17241906

or
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062745
if you wanted a trigger style unit.

Also look at the replacement tips, they may fit yours.

--
Steve W.