Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default desoldering station

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:46:10 +0000, geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

I just bought one .-(

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2012 23:46, geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

in what way?

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

How much use is it getting?

Does it work well when in use?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

Is this a vacuum or hot air one?

--
*Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 14/03/2012 23:46, geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

in what way?

The nozzle part of the gun broke off at the handle

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

How much use is it getting?

Fairly heavy use

Does it work well when in use?

Yes

I bought a second one to make sure we have a standby for the future

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

Is this a vacuum or hot air one?

Heated tip and vacuum

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

Is this a vacuum or hot air one?

Heated tip and vacuum

Which one is it? The DURATOOL D00672 looks tempting at £65 ex-vat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2012 21:24, geoff wrote:

Does it work well when in use?

Yes

I bought a second one to make sure we have a standby for the future

Maybe I will be tempted next CPC order!

I got the hot air rework station. That seems somewhat more precise than
using the paint stripper anyway ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 15/03/2012 21:24, geoff wrote:

Does it work well when in use?

Yes

I bought a second one to make sure we have a standby for the future

Maybe I will be tempted next CPC order!

I got the hot air rework station. That seems somewhat more precise than
using the paint stripper anyway ;-)

Yes, I have a couple of them as well. They do get through elements, be
warned

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil Addison
writes

geoff wrote:

A bit of feedback on that desoldering station we bought from CPC in
November

... it broke yesterday

Lets see how well the replacement lasts

Is this a vacuum or hot air one?

Heated tip and vacuum

Which one is it? The DURATOOL D00672 looks tempting at £65 ex-vat.

Yes, that's the one

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2012 22:46, geoff wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 15/03/2012 21:24, geoff wrote:

Does it work well when in use?

Yes

I bought a second one to make sure we have a standby for the future

Maybe I will be tempted next CPC order!

I got the hot air rework station. That seems somewhat more precise
than using the paint stripper anyway ;-)

Yes, I have a couple of them as well. They do get through elements, be
warned

Yup, I remember you saying... kind of hoping mine will last a while
since it will only get used relatively infrequently.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 15/03/2012 22:46, geoff wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 15/03/2012 21:24, geoff wrote:

Does it work well when in use?

Yes

I bought a second one to make sure we have a standby for the future

Maybe I will be tempted next CPC order!

I got the hot air rework station. That seems somewhat more precise
than using the paint stripper anyway ;-)

Yes, I have a couple of them as well. They do get through elements, be
warned

Yup, I remember you saying... kind of hoping mine will last a while
since it will only get used relatively infrequently.

Yes, we turned over 58k last month - hardly "light " use

They get a fair hammering

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:
Which one is it? The DURATOOL D00672 looks tempting at £65 ex-vat.

Yes, that's the one

Considering the price of a 'decent' make one, somewhat of a bargain. The
Pace handset I use cost more on its own.

Whether it will prove cost effective over a more expensive one in the long
run, only time will tell.

I had an ancient Royal which soldiered on and on - but tips became
impossible to find. And it was very large and noisy. The pump on it looked
like something from a dialysis machine. ;-)

--
*A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
Which one is it? The DURATOOL D00672 looks tempting at £65 ex-vat.

Yes, that's the one

Considering the price of a 'decent' make one, somewhat of a bargain. The
Pace handset I use cost more on its own.

Whether it will prove cost effective over a more expensive one in the long
run, only time will tell.

Well, if we get 12 months out if one (incl warranty replacements), just
over a quid a week's use is not a bad price