Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Long term tool storage, rust prevention?

Week before last, I finally received permanent residency to Australia.
It's finally gonna happen! Looks like I have buyers for most of my
machines, and by next week I finish out my last job and will be
unemployed for the first time in 33 years.

Wife's place has an open carport with gravel floor, so will be storing
my stuff here in a public storage facility until we get a slab poured
and finish it off into a proper shed.

So, I'm going to be storing several roll-aways of precision tools,
drills, cutters, etc. Seeking recommendations for something I can spray
things down to prevent any chance of rust. Going to be 6-12 months
before I have my stuff down there.

LPS has some good products, but not sure which would be best, and of
course, open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It seems to me that one of the things that you might need to consider in
your trade-offs is clean up. The absolutely best preventative might be
the absolutely worst clean up.

One of the best, clean up wise, is zip-lock bags with desiccant inside.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/2/2014 3:09 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Ah, got your email first, replied there.

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:18:37 -0800, janders
wrote:

Week before last, I finally received permanent residency to Australia.
It's finally gonna happen! Looks like I have buyers for most of my
machines, and by next week I finish out my last job and will be
unemployed for the first time in 33 years.

Wife's place has an open carport with gravel floor, so will be storing
my stuff here in a public storage facility until we get a slab poured
and finish it off into a proper shed.

So, I'm going to be storing several roll-aways of precision tools,
drills, cutters, etc. Seeking recommendations for something I can spray
things down to prevent any chance of rust. Going to be 6-12 months
before I have my stuff down there.

LPS has some good products, but not sure which would be best, and of
course, open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

I have had good results with LPS 3.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 18:09:02 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

It seems to me that one of the things that you might need to consider in
your trade-offs is clean up. The absolutely best preventative might be
the absolutely worst clean up.

One of the best, clean up wise, is zip-lock bags with desiccant inside.

Bob

Wrap in VCI Propatech and then bag in ziplocks, absolutely no
clean-up issues, and no corrosion.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

LPS has some good products, but not sure which would be best, and of
course, open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

I have had good results with LPS 3.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Same here, but I don't think it will protect from water immersion, or
completely prevent light surface rust for a year.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

I sold once a 25 lb can of real cosmoline, it is a thick super sticky
waxy substance, not a liquid. Someone seems to have bought cosmoline
trade name and is making a nice marketing gimmick out of it. Selling
it was a big mistake.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

I sold once a 25 lb can of real cosmoline, it is a thick super sticky
waxy substance, not a liquid. Someone seems to have bought cosmoline
trade name and is making a nice marketing gimmick out of it. Selling
it was a big mistake.

Might be they had to change it to meet current EPA standards.
I remember it as you do thick like roofing tar. The last time i used
it was in 2000 when i was prepairing to move. I got my supply
in a surplus deal i bought. Don't know how old it was when i
aquired it, probobaly was the good stuf since the company i got
it from made a lot equiptment for the military.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 22:53:10 -0800, "azotic"

m...
On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

[...]

Which reminds me of the time I had to unpack a bunch of M1 carbines
and get them ready to a group of 'yards.

Filled half a 55 gallon drum cut lengthwise with diesel fuel, put it
over a nice hot bunch of coals and dumped in the globs of rifles and
let em boil a bunch. 10 minutes later..pulled em out with a wire hook,
spun them well by handing them to the 'Yards and telling them to swing
them as fast as they could... Did a pretty good job of cleaning of
the Rat Snot (cosmoline)

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 21:44:10 -0800, "Howard Beal"
wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

Yeah, but it's absolute Hell to remove. Ask any WWII soldier or
anyone who bought old gov't surplus parts.

The new liquid style looks a lot easier to work with, both on and off.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 23:59:37 -0600, Ignoramus17218

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

From their Rust Veto 342 PDF: "Those of you with a military
background or who are familiar with weaponry, will recognize
Rust Veto 342 as the industrial grade of our old reliable Cosmoline ®
Rust Inhibitor." , so it appears that they didn't sell the company.
Globs of Cosmoline were probably very heavy and this is likely a new,
"greener" design of the same stuff we know and love/hate.

I sold once a 25 lb can of real cosmoline, it is a thick super sticky
waxy substance, not a liquid. Someone seems to have bought cosmoline
trade name and is making a nice marketing gimmick out of it. Selling
it was a big mistake.

Ayup.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-- John Quincy Adams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

From their Rust Veto 342 PDF: "Those of you with a military
background or who are familiar with weaponry, will recognize
Rust Veto 342 as the industrial grade of our old reliable Cosmoline ®
Rust Inhibitor." , so it appears that they didn't sell the company.
Globs of Cosmoline were probably very heavy and this is likely a new,
"greener" design of the same stuff we know and love/hate.

I don't know whether it's greener or not, the MSDS doesn't make it
sound so:
http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/docs/...o_342_MSDS.pdf

One of my cutomers uses it on machines that they store in unheated
trailers in Maine. We recently built up a new machine on a 38 foot
long gun drill bed that had been stripped, reconditioned, and stored
in a trailer for a couple years. I didn't see any rust on the fresh
ways.

It's nowhere near as hard to remove as military Cosmoline, but not fun
either. I'd be OK with using it on cutting tools and hand tools like
hammers, pliers, wrenches, etc. Certainly not on measuring tools. The
consistency is not too different from LPS3, perhaps a bit thicker.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

janders wrote:
Week before last, I finally received permanent residency to Australia.
It's finally gonna happen! Looks like I have buyers for most of my
machines, and by next week I finish out my last job and will be
unemployed for the first time in 33 years.

Wife's place has an open carport with gravel floor, so will be storing
my stuff here in a public storage facility until we get a slab poured
and finish it off into a proper shed.

So, I'm going to be storing several roll-aways of precision tools,
drills, cutters, etc. Seeking recommendations for something I can spray
things down to prevent any chance of rust. Going to be 6-12 months
before I have my stuff down there.

LPS has some good products, but not sure which would be best, and of
course, open to other suggestions.

I finally found use LPS2, and find it's thinner than they might want you
to think it is. It really just seems like a thick version of WD-40
(similar smell too) It does dry up pretty fast too, so the alleged to be
waxier LPS3 might be what you want for longer term storage.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/2/2014 9:23 PM, Steve W. wrote:

Toss some desiccant packs in each drawer, add a layer of VCI paper
http://www.zerust.com/packaging-paper

Then seal the entire roll away in a plastic membrane. Either vac out the
air or better would be to vac and then add an inert gas like argon or
helium.

Hmm, would work for sure, but I think a bit overkill. I've had stuff in
storage for years with no rust problems, just never precision tools.
Not going to be storing them in the tropics, and up in the mountains
here, not worried about flooding. Just looking for a bit more
protection. Spray on is fine with me, I can deal with cleanup. Time is a
most precious commodity at the moment and I have a dozen things I could
be doing at any given moment.

Not intending to be snippy here, I do appreciate the thought and feedback.

Regards,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/2/2014 9:44 PM, Howard Beal wrote:

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

Yeah, that stuff works for sure! Dad had a motorcycle shop in the early
70's, everything that came over from Europe was doused in the stuff, and
guess who got to clean it all off... G

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 20:37:34 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

janders wrote:
[...]

The rust preventative paper is the best/simplest way to handle storage
of precision tools
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

id wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me

Iggy, don't know why I didn't see your original post, but this stuff
looks pretty good to me, and I just ordered two cans. Thanks!

Think I'll give each item a spritz, then seal in a ziplock bag. That
ought to do it.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 22:53:10 -0800,
wrote:

Might be they had to change it to meet current EPA standards.
I remember it as you do thick like roofing tar.

Hmm, don't think the stuff I cleaned off the bikes was real cosmoline
then. It was a whitish waxy coating that had obviously been sprayed on,
and was only applied to surfaces that might rust or corrode, though
sometimes painted surfaces got a bit of overspray.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

janders wrote:
[...]

Is there any way to determine if the magic vapor stuff in that paper is
dried up or not, or tell if the stuff is old or fresh?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

From their Rust Veto 342 PDF: "Those of you with a military
background or who are familiar with weaponry, will recognize
Rust Veto 342 as the industrial grade of our old reliable Cosmoline ®
Rust Inhibitor." , so it appears that they didn't sell the company.
Globs of Cosmoline were probably very heavy and this is likely a new,
"greener" design of the same stuff we know and love/hate.

I sold once a 25 lb can of real cosmoline, it is a thick super sticky
waxy substance, not a liquid. Someone seems to have bought cosmoline
trade name and is making a nice marketing gimmick out of it. Selling
it was a big mistake.

Ayup.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-- John Quincy Adams

Remember the ads in magazines that were selling WWII jeeps disassembled
packed in cosmoline for $98?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, janders wrote:
id wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me

Iggy, don't know why I didn't see your original post, but this stuff
looks pretty good to me, and I just ordered two cans. Thanks!

Think I'll give each item a spritz, then seal in a ziplock bag. That
ought to do it.

Yes, it will work good. Also make sure that water cannot ingress those
tubs due to, say, leaky roof.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

From their Rust Veto 342 PDF: "Those of you with a military
[...]

My Dad bought one. We drove that jeep for 25 + yrs in the Michigan
woods

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:17:19 -0800, janders
wrote:

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 22:53:10 -0800,
wrote:

Might be they had to change it to meet current EPA standards.
I remember it as you do thick like roofing tar.

Hmm, don't think the stuff I cleaned off the bikes was real cosmoline
then. It was a whitish waxy coating that had obviously been sprayed on,
and was only applied to surfaces that might rust or corrode, though
sometimes painted surfaces got a bit of overspray.

The Cosmoline on surplus stuff I saw looked/felt like a brown,
semi-translucent, bitumen roofing patch goop before it dried.
It stayed sticky after decades. Plenty of mineral spirits, diesel,
kero, or gasoline (which I always argue against when I see it being
used) are required to remove the stuff. Clean, wipe down, clean
again, wipe again, rinse, repeat ad nauseam.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-- John Quincy Adams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-03-03, Howard Beal wrote:

"Ignoramus17218" wrote in message
If it was up to me, I would

1) Pack tools in plastic tubs with cover lids, not in drawers
2) Cover the tools with CorrosionX HD, which has shown itself very
well for me
3) Maybe add jars with moisture absorbers for good measure.
4) Leave at least a 100 watt light bulb or a 100 watt heater in the
storage room, if possible.

Cosmoline is the best rust preventive i have ever used.

http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/?gcli...FVBffgodE5sAaQ

None of that stuff is the actual cosmoline.

From their Rust Veto 342 PDF: "Those of you with a military
background or who are familiar with weaponry, will recognize
Rust Veto 342 as the industrial grade of our old reliable Cosmoline ®
Rust Inhibitor." , so it appears that they didn't sell the company.
Globs of Cosmoline were probably very heavy and this is likely a new,
"greener" design of the same stuff we know and love/hate.

I don't know whether it's greener or not,

It's greener if the mfgr can find a way to pretend it is. Most of that
is marketing, not chemistry.

the MSDS doesn't make it
sound so:
http://www.cosmolinedirect.com/docs/...o_342_MSDS.pdf

Hmm, that sounds safer than the Hostess Twinkie MSDS to me.

One of my cutomers uses it on machines that they store in unheated
trailers in Maine. We recently built up a new machine on a 38 foot
long gun drill bed that had been stripped, reconditioned, and stored
in a trailer for a couple years. I didn't see any rust on the fresh
ways.

This is good!

It's nowhere near as hard to remove as military Cosmoline, but not fun
either. I'd be OK with using it on cutting tools and hand tools like
hammers, pliers, wrenches, etc. Certainly not on measuring tools. The
consistency is not too different from LPS3, perhaps a bit thicker.

Sort of a cross between sealing wax and paraffin? Hayseuss Crisco,
they're mighty proud of the stuff to get $45 a quart for it.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-- John Quincy Adams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:36:40 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 19:19:26 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

Remember the ads in magazines that were selling WWII jeeps disassembled
packed in cosmoline for $98?

My Dad bought one. We drove that jeep for 25 + yrs in the Michigan
woods

After the required 1.75 years to de-Cosmoline all those parts, right?

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-- John Quincy Adams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 19:19:26 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

Remember the ads in magazines that were selling WWII jeeps disassembled
packed in cosmoline for $98?

My Dad bought one. We drove that jeep for 25 + yrs in the Michigan
woods

After the required 1.75 years to de-Cosmoline all those parts, right?

It actually wasnt that bad. Took about 50 gallons of diesel applied
with a sprayer and use of a steam cleaner 3-4 times. A real
steamer..not a pressure washer of today.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:29:55 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

It's nowhere near as hard to remove as military Cosmoline, but not fun
either. I'd be OK with using it on cutting tools and hand tools like
hammers, pliers, wrenches, etc. Certainly not on measuring tools. The
consistency is not too different from LPS3, perhaps a bit thicker.

Sort of a cross between sealing wax and paraffin? Hayseuss Crisco,
they're mighty proud of the stuff to get $45 a quart for it.

The folks that make P Blaster also make a long term storage spray.
Cant remember the name of it..but it works quite well

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

A real
steamer..not a pressure washer of today.

Knowing the history of those, and having used them in a commercial
restaurant kitchen cleaning business... probably a "Steam Genie". We had
one with a 20HP Briggs engine on it, and a 30-gallon kerosene tank for
the burner and motor. The motor was de-rated to about 12HP for kerosene
running, and had a little 2-gallon gasoline tank for starting and warm-
up, plus a solenoid valve that changed the metering oriface for fuel
switch-over. That was when gasoline was $0.35 a gallon, and kerosene was
still $0.17/gal. Late '60s.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 12:31:21 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

A real
steamer..not a pressure washer of today.

Knowing the history of those, and having used them in a commercial
restaurant kitchen cleaning business... probably a "Steam Genie". We had
one with a 20HP Briggs engine on it, and a 30-gallon kerosene tank for
the burner and motor. The motor was de-rated to about 12HP for kerosene
running, and had a little 2-gallon gasoline tank for starting and warm-
up, plus a solenoid valve that changed the metering oriface for fuel
switch-over. That was when gasoline was $0.35 a gallon, and kerosene was
still $0.17/gal. Late '60s.

Lloyd

Ayup. No idea about the brand..but yep.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It's nowhere near as hard to remove as military Cosmoline, but not fun
either. I'd be OK with using it on cutting tools and hand tools like
hammers, pliers, wrenches, etc. Certainly not on measuring tools. The
consistency is not too different from LPS3, perhaps a bit thicker.

Sort of a cross between sealing wax and paraffin? Hayseuss Crisco,
they're mighty proud of the stuff to get $45 a quart for it.

The folks that make P Blaster also make a long term storage spray.
Cant remember the name of it..but it works quite well

Gunner

A heated up mixture undercoating oil and lanolin works pretty good.
When it cools the lanolin sets it up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Before you do any restoration work on your vehicle, you usually have to deal with rust in a big way. That means a few things: stopping rust in its tracks, removing old rust, and preventing new rust from forming. http://www.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-rubber.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/10/2014 9:55 PM, wrote:
Before you do any restoration work on your vehicle, you usually have
to deal with rust in a big way. That means a few things: stopping
rust in its tracks, removing old rust, and preventing new rust from
forming.
http://www.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-rubber.html

I'll be generous and assume you are trying to be helpful and not just
taking the opportunity to plug your company.

But seriously, I don't think this is the right product for things like
micrometers, calipers, etc....

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch writes:

The folks that make P Blaster also make a long term storage spray.
Cant remember the name of it..but it works quite well

Don't see it on their site.
Name?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch writes:

The folks that make P Blaster also make a long term storage spray.
Cant remember the name of it..but it works quite well

The "go to" long-term rust preventive is still (and probably always will
be) Cosmoline.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 03 May 2014 19:06:37 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

Gunner Asch writes:

The folks that make P Blaster also make a long term storage spray.
Cant remember the name of it..but it works quite well

The "go to" long-term rust preventive is still (and probably always will
be) Cosmoline.

Even though they took the thickness away. It's all pretty liquidy
now, according to their site.

--
If government were a product,
selling it would be illegal.