Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sometimes...its not really just luck....

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:08:01 AM UTC-8, Gunner Asch wrote:
This story is confirmed in Elmer Bendiner 's book, The Fall of

Fortresses.

*Sometimes, it's not really just luck.*

Elmer Bendiner was a navigator in a B-17 during WW II. He tells this

story of a World War II bombing run over Kassel, Germany, and the

unexpected result of a direct hit on their gas tanks.

"Our B-17, the Tondelayo, was barraged by flak from Nazi antiaircraft

guns. That was typical, but on this particular occasion our gas tanks

were hit. Later, as I reflected on the miracle of a 20 millimeter

shell piercing the fuel tank without touching off an explosion, our

pilot, Bohn Fawkes, told me it was more complicated.

"On the morning following the raid, Bohn asked our crew chief for that

shell as a souvenir of unbelievable luck. The crew chief told Bohn

that, in addition to that shell, another 11 were found in the gas

tanks. Eleven unexploded shells where only one was sufficient to blast

us out of the sky. It was as if the sea had parted for us. A

near-miracle, I thought. Even after 35 years, this awesome event

leaves me shaken, especially after I heard the rest of the story from

Bohn.

"He was told that the shells were sent to the armorers to be defused.

The armorers told him that Intelligence had picked them up. They

couldn't say why at the time, but Bohn eventually sought out the

answer.

"Apparently when the armorers opened each of those shells, they found

no explosive charge. They were clean as a whistle and just as

harmless. Empty? Not all of them! One contained a carefully rolled

piece of paper with a scrawled message in Czech. The Intelligence

people scoured our base for a man who could read Czech. Eventually

they found one to decipher the note. It was amazing!

Translated, the note read:

*"This is all we can do for you now."*

"Using Jewish slave labour is never a good idea."

Neither is having a minimum wage that doesn't allow people to survive. Walmart is going to find out what this means. The Great **** will start with banks and Walmart.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:58:28 AM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:

Neither is having a minimum wage that doesn't allow people to survive.

We should raise the minimum wage to $100 an hour. That would give the lowest paid about $200,000 a year. So everyone would be rich.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:18:36 AM UTC-8, wrote the same old bull**** he always writes:

snip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HXz1chSa_4
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:08:59 AM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 4:18:36 AM UTC-8, wrote the same old bull**** he always writes:

Only because you keep posting the same old bull**** about minimum wage.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:02:13 AM UTC-8, wrote more bull**** not worth responding to.

snip

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 04:18:36 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:58:28 AM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:

Neither is having a minimum wage that doesn't allow people to survive.

We should raise the minimum wage to $100 an hour. That would give the lowest paid about $200,000 a year. So everyone would be rich.

Dan

Yes! Then I can write a couple checks, get all my bill collectors off
my back once and for all and if I do it fast enough...it will be done
before the economy completely collapses!

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:58:28 AM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:

Neither is having a minimum wage that doesn't allow people to survive.

We should raise the minimum wage to $100 an hour. That would give the lowest paid about $200,000 a year. So everyone would be rich.

Dan

Yes! Then I can write a couple checks, get all my bill collectors off
my back once and for all and if I do it fast enough...it will be done
before the economy completely collapses!

They basically did that here - doubled the minimum wage. Wow, evabody
gonna be riches!

In about a week commodity prices rose and now the minimum wage is
again just barely enough to keep starvation at bay :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

OT - Bad luck - good luck Red Green Home Repair 0 September 1st 11 05:41 AM
Good luck or bad luck? Andrew Mawson UK diy 0 June 7th 11 06:36 PM
Wish Me Luck ! Terry Coombs Metalworking 111 December 4th 08 04:38 PM
Bad Luck or ... Arfa Daily UK diy 12 July 16th 08 11:01 AM
Not having much luck with oak [email protected] Woodworking 12 November 26th 06 01:09 PM