Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What government shutdown means to you

On 9/30/2013 5:15 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
SHUTDOWN 2013
What government closure means for you
Minor headache for some, major hassle for others

snip
What it means to me is to further illuminate the real world that our
government is overloaded, duplicitous, and wasteful. The US is becoming
a caste system, with the governmental caste workers thinking that they
are "different" than other citizens. They have their OWN medical, their
OWN retirement, and other things they ONLY enjoy. There is a secretary
that works in the private section, and one that works for the
government. One barely gets by, the other has rights, privileges, and
benefits to the tomb.

And then there are slimy pukes like Reid and Frank, et al, that talk to
us like we are red headed stepchildren. It's time to shut government
down, run off the extra unneeded staff, run off the Nancy Pelosis, and
get back on track. And if we don't do it soon, I see either collapse or
revolution on the horizon.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You are so far off its sickening. Avg govt employee makes around 18 % less than the private sector. My girl works for the VA because she appreciates the chance to help out veterans. Her insurance for herself is 800/ month and the pension doesn't kick in until 10 years. She took a 10k cut in pay with the promise she would gain more in the long run. Thanks to Red state ignorance the VA system was f'd up by some lazy southerners that didn't know how to schedule,wasn't in the bible or on fox news. Don't blame govt employees because one day when you need a cop or a fireman they won't be there.