Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default File mfgr recommendation

I need to buy some new files for handsaw sharpening and I'm
looking for recommendations. Nicholson used to be good but
I've heard that their stuff now made in mexico is sub par.
Grainger carries the Simonds brand. Any good?
I don't want any crap made in china or india .
Any others I should avoid and/or consider?

Specifics: All triangular taper files
6" slim, 6" X slim, 5" 2X slim (6" 2X slim would work too)
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:24:48 PM UTC-7, Artemus wrote:
I need to buy some new files for handsaw sharpening and I'm

looking for recommendations. Nicholson used to be good but

I've heard that their stuff now made in mexico is sub par.

Grainger carries the Simonds brand. Any good?

I don't want any crap made in china or india .

Any others I should avoid and/or consider?

Specifics: All triangular taper files

6" slim, 6" X slim, 5" 2X slim (6" 2X slim would work too)

Art

When you want quality nothing beats Swiss made.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...072,43089&ap=1
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:05:16 PM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:24:48 PM UTC-7, Artemus wrote:

I need to buy some new files for handsaw sharpening and I'm

looking for recommendations. Nicholson used to be good but

I've heard that their stuff now made in mexico is sub par.

Grainger carries the Simonds brand. Any good?

I don't want any crap made in china or india .

Any others I should avoid and/or consider?

Specifics: All triangular taper files

6" slim, 6" X slim, 5" 2X slim (6" 2X slim would work too)

Art

When you want quality nothing beats Swiss made.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...072,43089&ap=1

Better links:

http://www.ottofrei.com/Files

http://www.gesswein.com/s-70-grobet.aspx

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:24:48 PM UTC-7, Artemus wrote:
I need to buy some new files for handsaw sharpening and I'm

looking for recommendations. Nicholson used to be good but

I've heard that their stuff now made in mexico is sub par.

Grainger carries the Simonds brand. Any good?

I don't want any crap made in china or india .

Any others I should avoid and/or consider?

Specifics: All triangular taper files

6" slim, 6" X slim, 5" 2X slim (6" 2X slim would work too)

Art

Some people complain about lack of metalworking content in this newsgroup but they don't even bother to answer a post like this.

If you can't bother to answer a post like this, but you wish to complain about the lack of metalworking content in this newsgroup, I'd strongly suggest that you STFU because you're a big part of the problem.

What's a better chainsaw file than the Oregon #23727 3/16" (4.8mm) round file? Fred W. James Home Repair 17 November 23rd 11 06:52 PM
Fan recommendation [email protected] Home Repair 9 July 18th 09 08:34 PM
REQ: VFD recommendation Dev Null Metalworking 22 March 27th 09 04:40 AM
Recommendation George UK diy 1 April 1st 07 09:59 PM
need reality check and mfgr recommendation for home water system F. Stephans Home Repair 12 June 12th 04 11:44 PM