Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Raise The Minimum Wage

On Friday, August 9, 2013 4:26:40 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

On 8/9/2013 11:36 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

The reference is a poll among the top economists in North America,

selected by the (economically conservative) Chicago Booth School of

Business -- from the economics faculty at Chicago, MIT, Princeton,

Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc. Each of their opinions and their

collective judgments are shown:

http://tinyurl.com/aa52pfo

Unfortunately for the Plumper, their collective position is exactly as

I stated it: the effect on employment is a split, and the economic

effect of raising the minimum wage is strongly positive.

Pure Bill****. The reference is about raising the federal minimum wage to $9 and hour. This is lower than the current minimum wage laws in many states and in the region of what wages would be with no minimum wage. I will bet all ecenomists would agree that a minimum wage of one cent an hour would have no effect on the economy. But I will also bet that all those economists would agree that raising the minimum wage to $20 an hour would be bad for the economy.

The minimum wage is not strongly positive. If it were it would be strongly positive at $20 an hour.

Still not anything about metal working.

Dan

Not that we needed more evidence that he doubles-down and lards on the

insults when he's caught with a demonstrably incorrect opinion, but

there it is.

--

Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 05:41:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, August 9, 2013 4:26:40 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

On 8/9/2013 11:36 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

The reference is a poll among the top economists in North America,

selected by the (economically conservative) Chicago Booth School of

Business -- from the economics faculty at Chicago, MIT, Princeton,

Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc. Each of their opinions and their

collective judgments are shown:

http://tinyurl.com/aa52pfo

Unfortunately for the Plumper, their collective position is exactly as

I stated it: the effect on employment is a split, and the economic

effect of raising the minimum wage is strongly positive.

Pure Bill****. The reference is about raising the federal minimum wage to $9 and hour. This is lower than the current minimum wage laws in many states and in the region of what wages would be with no minimum wage.

HA! I wondered why I was seeing your name in these threads, but not
your posts. I forgot I'd plonked you.

That's why things have been more pleasant around here, I suppose.l
d8-)

As for your statement above, you're full of crap, as usual. There is
only one state (Washington) with a minimum over $9. Most states are
$7.50 or below -- four of them below the federal minimum of $7.25, and
five with no minimum. I'm sure you could have looked that up if you
gave a damn about facts.

And as for what wages would be with no minimum, that appears to be of
the same intellectual quality as your statement about the states'
minimum wages.

I will bet all ecenomists would agree that a minimum wage of one cent an hour would have no effect on the economy. But I will also bet that all those economists would agree that raising the minimum wage to $20 an hour would be bad for the economy.

Probably. But that isn't anything like the real issues

The minimum wage is not strongly positive. If it were it would be strongly positive at $20 an hour.

Not at all, and there is no reason to draw that conclusion. That's
like saying that if taxes help us improve our infrastructure, and
better infrastructure leads to higher GDP, then taxes should be 100%.

Sometimes you seem to use your head for a hatrack, Dan.

Still not anything about metal working.

Then why are you involved in this thread? You seem to be pretty heated
up about it, too.

--
Ed Huntress

Dan

Not that we needed more evidence that he doubles-down and lards on the

insults when he's caught with a demonstrably incorrect opinion, but

there it is.

--

Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:04:47 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Still not anything about metal working.

Then why are you involved in this thread? You seem to be pretty heated

up about it, too.

--

Ed Huntress

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:55:19 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:04:47 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Still not anything about metal working.

Then why are you involved in this thread? You seem to be pretty heated

up about it, too.

--

Ed Huntress

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Well, this is a thread I'm engaged in, and you apparently don't think
it's appropriate. But you've posted 7 messages in it. Hmmmm....

--
Ed Huntress

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Just killfile the idiot.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:53:44 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

" wrote:

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Just killfile the idiot.

What? If he did that, you'd miss all of my help, Drool Cup.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:00:56 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Well, this is a thread I'm engaged in, and you apparently don't think

it's appropriate. But you've posted 7 messages in it. Hmmmm....

--

Ed Huntress

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:12:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Just killfile the idiot.

What? If he did that, you'd miss all of my help, Drool Cup.

--

Ed Huntress

So are you claiming that you help Michael with electronics?

Still not appropriate for RCM. Try SED.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:51:11 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:00:56 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Well, this is a thread I'm engaged in, and you apparently don't think

it's appropriate. But you've posted 7 messages in it. Hmmmm....

--

Ed Huntress

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU QUIT POSTING MESSAGES TO IT???

Ed Huntress

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:51:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:00:56 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Well, this is a thread I'm engaged in, and you apparently don't think

it's appropriate. But you've posted 7 messages in it. Hmmmm....

--

Ed Huntress

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

Dan

This thread isn't "appropriate" for RCM because it makes a mockery of idiots like Mark Wieber and his pals who can't see what the real problems are in America.

Wieber and his ilk want to blame liberals, democrats... anyone but themselves for failed policies of both political parties that don't work.

The thread is all about The Great ****s and how they have ****ed American over.

Raising the minimum wage to $10 an hour would be a good start to fixing what's wrong with America.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:10:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU QUIT POSTING MESSAGES TO IT???

Ed Huntress

I will not post any off topic messages to RCM if you will do the same. Otherwise you are just asking me to do something that you will not do.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:54:59 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:12:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Just killfile the idiot.

What? If he did that, you'd miss all of my help, Drool Cup.

--

Ed Huntress

So are you claiming that you help Michael with electronics?

I'm helping Michael to get his life in order. There's so much work to
be done there. d8-)

Still not appropriate for RCM. Try SED.

Try Zoloft.

--
Ed Huntress

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:54:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:12:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Just killfile the idiot.

What? If he did that, you'd miss all of my help, Drool Cup.

--

Ed Huntress

So are you claiming that you help Michael with electronics?

Still not appropriate for RCM. Try SED.

Dan

Nobody can help Terrell. He's a Debbie Downer.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/70b...ll-of-outtakes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:13:59 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:10:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU QUIT POSTING MESSAGES TO IT???

Ed Huntress

I will not post any off topic messages to RCM if you will do the same. Otherwise you are just asking me to do something that you will not do.

I don't care what you do, Dan. I'm just asking why, if you object to
OT posts, you spend your time posting to them.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:10:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU QUIT POSTING MESSAGES TO IT???

Ed Huntress

I will not post any off topic messages to RCM if you will do the same. Otherwise you are just asking me to do something that you will not do.

I don't care what you do, Dan. I'm just asking why, if you object to

OT posts, you spend your time posting to them.

--

Ed Huntress

You have always seemed more like a careless person than a care more person to me, "slow Eddy".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:00:56 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

I love it. Ed has posted 18 times on this thread and I have posted 7 times. Yet Ed believes that I am pretty heated up about it.

Funny but the evidence says something different.

Well, this is a thread I'm engaged in, and you apparently don't think

it's appropriate. But you've posted 7 messages in it. Hmmmm....

--

Ed Huntress

Thanks for reminding me. This thread is not appropriate for RCM. See the group description if you do not agree.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU QUIT POSTING MESSAGES TO IT???

Ed Huntress

Dan

He can't. Everyone reads the threads I start. Often they contain the best content in this newsgroup.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:12:00 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Just killfile the idiot.

What? If he did that, you'd miss all of my help, Drool Cup.

--

Ed Huntress

So are you claiming that you help Michael with electronics?

I'm helping Michael to get his life in order. There's so much work to

be done there. d8-)

Still not appropriate for RCM. Try SED.

Try Zoloft.

--

Ed Huntress

Dan

As per usual you're not really helping, "slow Eddy".

You need to start begging Terrell to allow you to visit him in Florida for weeks so you can help him fix his badly leaking roofs. You will need to supply all materials for the extensive repairs as Terrill doesn't have any funds to spare.