Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Raise The Minimum Wage

http://youtu.be/vERAUcFdU1A
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 19:38:59 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

http://youtu.be/vERAUcFdU1A

======================

This seems to be a world wide problem.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ages-jump.html

China Factories Turn to Undocumented Labor as Local Wages
Jump
By Bloomberg News - Aug 9, 2013 11:00 AM CT
China’s embrace of higher wages to help bolster consumer
spending has sparked a jump in factories along the
east-coast export corridor bringing in undocumented and
lower-paid workers from Myanmar and Vietnam.

Border police found 59 illegal immigrants from Vietnam in a
bus heading for the Pearl River Delta on July 29, the
official Xinhua news agency reported on Aug. 6. “Thousands”
of workers from Vietnam and Myanmar were discovered working
illegally in Shenzhen between 2010 and 2012, the state-run
China News Service reported, citing a local prosecutor.
snip

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 9, 2013 10:08:42 AM UTC-7, Ed Huntress wrote:

A myth.
Ed Huntress

Interference with wages or prices have caused the same problems for thousands of years.

We have people who want to believe in Keynesian economics, and the truth be damned.

And Ed, you are one of them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:36:05 -0700 (PDT), clark
wrote:

On Friday, August 9, 2013 10:08:42 AM UTC-7, Ed Huntress wrote:

A myth.
Ed Huntress

Interference with wages or prices have caused the same problems for thousands of years.

Nope. They've caused problems -- except when they have solved them.
But when they do cause problems, they tend to be different ones.

We have people who want to believe in Keynesian economics, and the truth be damned.

Nope. This has nothing to do with Keynesian economics.

And Ed, you are one of them.

Sorry, but you're not up to this one, Clark.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/9/2013 11:36 AM, clark wrote:
On Friday, August 9, 2013 10:08:42 AM UTC-7, Ed Huntress wrote:

A myth.
Ed Huntress

Interference with wages or prices have caused the same problems for thousands of years.

We have people who want to believe in Keynesian economics, and the truth be damned.

And Ed, you are one of them.

Ed is a Democrat, and Democrats have no use for rigor in economics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 9, 2013 2:36:51 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:25:26 -0700, George Plimpton

wrote:

You snipped out my references and substituted yours. This is not a

surprise, given your basic dishonesty in all conflicting discussions

here.

There is nothing more you have to say on the subject that's worth

considering. The sophomoric studies and the conservative publication

bias are well-known.

--

Ed Huntress

None of this is related to metal working.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 9, 2013 3:00:31 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:48:15 -0700, George Plimpton

wrote:

On 8/9/2013 11:46 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:43:45 -0700, George Plimpton

wrote:

You snipped out my references and substituted yours.

I snipped out your references because they aren't economics.

No you didn't. You snipped them out because you can't stand being

contradicted by the facts.

I snipped them because they aren't economics

No, you snipped them because you have no answer for them. Because the

stuff you quoted -- a goddamned article from _Forbes, The Capitalist

Tool,_ isn't economics, either. It isn't even really business.

_Forbes_ is tabloid journalism for businessmen, and always has been.

--

Ed Huntress

Ed, lets face it. You label all things that do not agree with you as false.

Still not metal working.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Friday, August 9, 2013 10:08:42 AM UTC-7, Ed Huntress wrote:

A myth.

Ed Huntress

Interference with wages or prices have caused the same problems for thousands of years.

Nope. They've caused problems -- except when they have solved them.

But when they do cause problems, they tend to be different ones.

We have people who want to believe in Keynesian economics, and the truth be damned.

Nope. This has nothing to do with Keynesian economics.

And Ed, you are one of them.

Sorry, but you're not up to this one, Clark.

--

Ed Huntress

Another pest by Ed putting people down instead of arguing about the facts.

Still not metel working.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

You snipped out my references and substituted yours. This is not a

surprise, given your basic dishonesty in all conflicting discussions

here.

There is nothing more you have to say on the subject that's worth

considering. The sophomoric studies and the conservative publication

bias are well-known.

--

Ed Huntress

None of this is related to metal working.

Dan

Mark Wieber and his idiot pals have all but destroyed metalworking in this newsgroup. Deal with that reality. Suggest you learn to use modern social media like LinkedIn for your metalworking needs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 9, 2013 12:45:25 PM UTC-7, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:43:09 -0700, George Plimpton

wrote:

A minimum wage above the market-clearing price of unskilled labor puts

people out of work. Which is better: to earn $3.00 an hour and have

some money, or to earn zero dollars all the time?

Indeed, and a logical conclusion from the reactionary

worldview of the 18th century. FWIW we are now in the 21st

century.

As Senator Sanders correctly observed, the taxpayers make up

the difference between the minimum and living wages through

Medicare, SNAP [food stamps], public housing, and "free"

school meals (and the employer skims the difference). I see

no reason to subsidize the S**T jobs with public tax money.

Far better to impose increases in the minimum wage to a

living wage. Historically an increase in the minimum wage

does not increase unemployment or inflation (i.e. there is

no statistically significant correlation), although the

abrupt jump suggested (10-11$/hr) may be too big an increase

at one time. IMNSHO better if spaced out over 18 months and

4 increases. Also the minimum wage should be CPI indexed by

quarter, possibly more because of the understatement of

inflation by the CPI-U index, and a need to force wages up

if the middle class is to be preserved (and serious civil

unrest avoided).

see

http://mcduffee-associates.us/PE/minwage%26unemp.xls

http://mcduffee-associates.us/PE/minwage-inf.xlsand

Bernie Sanders is the real deal and he tells it like it is.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
http://youtu.be/vERAUcFdU1A

Minimum wage workers typically spend most of their money; so it ends up
repeatedly cycling through the economy, instead of someplace in the Caymans.

Increasing the minimum wage is probably one of the very best options
available for improving the domestic economy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 9, 2013 4:07:11 PM UTC-4, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/9/2013 12:50 PM, Denny wrote:

George Plimpton wrote:

wrote:

You snipped out my references and substituted yours.

I snipped out your references because they aren't economics.

Let's face the basic fact: you're a Democrat, and Democrats like the

minimum wage because it buys them votes.

I don't think a minimum wage worker can take of enough time to vote.

Minimum wage workers have no problem finding the time to vote.

Why has the Repubs been against the minimum wage for all these decades?

Because in addition to hurting low-skill workers, it hurts the firms

that employ those low-skill workers, particularly small businesses.

They also oppose minimum wage laws as a matter of sound ethical

principle. They interfere fundamentally with the right of voluntary

contract.

If you were in control, and had to set a minimum wage, what would it be?

I would abolish all minimum wage laws. There would not *be* any

government-set minimum wage.

Wage is the price of labor. Suppose you make and sell strawberry

preserves. Should there be a "minimum price" of strawberry preserves?

You are willing to sell me a pint of strawberry preserves for $2.00, and

I'm willing to pay that much for it, but the government steps in and

says, "Nope - if you want the strawberry preserves, George, you must pay

Denny $10.00 per pint." So I don't buy any, nor does anyone else.

Instead of selling eight pints per day and making $16.00, you sell zero

pints per day and make zero dollars. I'm worse off because I don't get

any strawberry preserves, and you're worse off because you make no money.

What makes labor any different from any other economic good?

So, let me get this straight: You're perfectly OK with government sponsored Chinese companies dumping their products here at below cost?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, August 9, 2013 4:09:31 PM UTC-7, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"jon_banquer" wrote in message

http://youtu.be/vERAUcFdU1A

Minimum wage workers typically spend most of their money; so it ends up

repeatedly cycling through the economy, instead of someplace in the Caymans.

Increasing the minimum wage is probably one of the very best options

available for improving the domestic economy.

Best thing that could happen in America right now would be to raise the minimum wage to $10 an hour or see massive protesting start at Walmart's and banks. This would be the logical next chapter to a failed OWS.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message

The Pimple is a hateful liar who can't stand anyone who has the mechanical
aptitude that he utterly lacks.

Plimpton is mentally ill.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

This is about minimum wage laws in the US. Try to stay focused.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:27:40 AM UTC-7, Gray Guest wrote:

The word "precision" in your name is a delusion or a lie.

It's neither a delusion or a lie.

Precision machining is the kind of machining you and idiots like Mark Wieber and his cult of followers can't do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, August 12, 2013 9:10:12 PM UTC-7, George Plimpton wrote:

Oooooohhh! The leftists seem to have a little estrogen spraying contest

going.

You're drunk off your ass again, Pimple.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, August 12, 2013 9:10:55 PM UTC-7, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/12/2013 7:54 PM, Jeff M wrote:

On 8/12/2013 9:49 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Jeff M" wrote in message

Johnny Johnson wrote:

On 8/9/2013 6:56 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Raising the minimum wage by a buck probably will

add about three cents to the price of a cheese burger

Care to show us when a burger joint _ever_ raised a price on any of

their items

by "three cents"?

Blow me, troll.

'scuse me?

Shut up, jeffy m (disgraced disbarred ambulance chaser), and blow him.

Still no proof that Jeff M is disbarred... just more hatred from a rambling, obnoxious, drunk known as The Pimple.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeff M" wrote in message

Johnny Johnson wrote:

On 8/9/2013 6:56 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Raising the minimum wage by a buck probably will

add about three cents to the price of a cheese burger

Care to show us when a burger joint _ever_ raised a price on any of

their items

by "three cents"?

Blow me, troll.

'scuse me? I wrote only the last sentence "That was ..." and nothing

else. Were you addressing me?

No, I was addressing a c

You ****ed up. Again.

You're **** faced again, Pimple and it shows.