Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default update on Servo Products drive on BP

A few weeks ago I posted about my drive for the "X" axis on my BP that
died. I ended up only replacing the circuit board for $107 and the boot
on the full speed switch for $6. The motor had no smell so I started
with just the board. The upgrade board is for a model 150 from my model
100. It works much smoother with finer speed control. This unit is
just a much better unit than the imports! I win!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-09, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
A few weeks ago I posted about my drive for the "X" axis on my BP that
died. I ended up only replacing the circuit board for $107 and the boot
on the full speed switch for $6. The motor had no smell so I started
with just the board. The upgrade board is for a model 150 from my model
100. It works much smoother with finer speed control. This unit is
just a much better unit than the imports! I win!

Tom, awesome job, truly in the old style of American ingenuity. Where
did you get the circuit board?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-07-09, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
A few weeks ago I posted about my drive for the "X" axis on my BP that
died. I ended up only replacing the circuit board for $107 and the boot
on the full speed switch for $6. The motor had no smell so I started
with just the board. The upgrade board is for a model 150 from my model
100. It works much smoother with finer speed control. This unit is
just a much better unit than the imports! I win!

Tom, awesome job, truly in the old style of American ingenuity. Where
did you get the circuit board?

I was surprised how quickly I found this place. Very quickly shipped
and prices were very competitive. Replacing the board was easy and I
would have replaced the motor field then the armature and kind of
sneaked up on the repair to save money rather than buying all the
expensive parts at once. The charred area the size of a silver dollar
on the circuit board was a clue!

http://www.icai-online.com/type-100-...rofit-kit.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 07:31:35 -0500, Ignoramus13897

On 2013-07-09, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
A few weeks ago I posted about my drive for the "X" axis on my BP that
died. I ended up only replacing the circuit board for $107 and the boot
on the full speed switch for $6. The motor had no smell so I started
with just the board. The upgrade board is for a model 150 from my model
100. It works much smoother with finer speed control. This unit is
just a much better unit than the imports! I win!

Tom, awesome job, truly in the old style of American ingenuity. Where
did you get the circuit board?

Yeah, chalk up two more points for the cutest lesbian in the group.
Goodonya, Tawm.

--
We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is
no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected.