Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Update on the jib crane

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Abell-Howe-10-ton-jib/

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/boat-sling.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 22:08:01 -0500, Ignoramus25172
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Abell-Howe-10-ton-jib/

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/boat-sling.jpg

Hey Iggy,

In the "background" of the pix, did you notice EXACTLY the same
spreader on the crawler crane across the canal?. No boat belt-slings
on it either. I wonder why. The crawler does have some tie-back
lines that would help steady a boat if they were to move it on the
tracks while slung. Good idea.

Brian Lawson.

ps...hauling boats turns out to require a bit more skill and
experience than would seem necessary to anybody that has not done it,
especially lifting from the water!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Abell-Howe-10-ton-jib/

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/boat-sling.jpg

Hey Iggy,

In the "background" of the pix, did you notice EXACTLY the same
spreader on the crawler crane across the canal?. No boat belt-slings
on it either. I wonder why. The crawler does have some tie-back
lines that would help steady a boat if they were to move it on the
tracks while slung. Good idea.

Brian Lawson.

ps...hauling boats turns out to require a bit more skill and
experience than would seem necessary to anybody that has not done it,
especially lifting from the water!!!

Great Catch!!!

Indeed..it is the same rig.

So it may NOT be a boat lift, based on the functioning setup across
the way. No slings noted.

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Abell-Howe-10-ton-jib/

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/boat-sling.jpg

Hey Iggy,

In the "background" of the pix, did you notice EXACTLY the same
spreader on the crawler crane across the canal?. No boat belt-slings
on it either. I wonder why. The crawler does have some tie-back
lines that would help steady a boat if they were to move it on the
tracks while slung. Good idea.

Brian Lawson.

ps...hauling boats turns out to require a bit more skill and
experience than would seem necessary to anybody that has not done it,
especially lifting from the water!!!

There is a multitude of youtube FAIL videos to confirm your point.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Abell-Howe-10-ton-jib/

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/boat-sling.jpg

Hey Iggy,

In the "background" of the pix, did you notice EXACTLY the same
spreader on the crawler crane across the canal?. No boat belt-slings
on it either. I wonder why. The crawler does have some tie-back
lines that would help steady a boat if they were to move it on the
tracks while slung. Good idea.

Brian Lawson.

ps...hauling boats turns out to require a bit more skill and
experience than would seem necessary to anybody that has not done it,
especially lifting from the water!!!

Normally you don't leave the slings out in the weather. Not real good
for them.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Abell-Howe-10-ton-jib/

It is huge, but looks OK, I will hire a mobile crane.

It also came with this lifting attachment for lifting boats:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/boat-sling.jpg

Hey Iggy,

In the "background" of the pix, did you notice EXACTLY the same
spreader on the crawler crane across the canal?. No boat belt-slings
on it either. I wonder why. The crawler does have some tie-back
lines that would help steady a boat if they were to move it on the
tracks while slung. Good idea.

Brian Lawson.

ps...hauling boats turns out to require a bit more skill and
experience than would seem necessary to anybody that has not done it,
especially lifting from the water!!!

Normally you don't leave the slings out in the weather. Not real good
for them.

Ah! Of course!

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the most interesting thread!

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

used as boat lifts. I can send a picture of a large collection
of those bars at our local crane company. Been in business for
years and have done work on buildings and refineries. Lift buildings
and swimming pools over a house and into the back yard or between
trees... A standard part of a crane company or a company that
has a bride crane and so forth. It simply has a pull point on the top
and two or more below. Some have dual pair of hangers on the bottom.

Any crane company would consider it. Always want another...

Martin