Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machines for Sale, So. Cal.

Buddy of mine has a lathe and a mill for sale. Chinese..but very low
hours and has a ton...ton of accessories to go with them

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/TJ

Birmingham 12x30 gear head lathe

Rong Fu 40 mill

He would like to get $2500 for the pair and as you can see from the
photos...are in excellent condition and in very good running shape

He wants $1500 each if sold seperately. And both will come with a
huge..huge pile of cutters, QD tool holders, radius attachments etc
etc etc.

He sold his house and is moving into an apartment and simply doesnt
have the room for them.

They are located in Santa Ana, California

Gunner

805-732-5308 cell

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Birmingham 12x30 gear head lathe

Rong Fu 40 mill

Gunner, those are WAY over-priced.
I have a similar lathe (same factory, slightly different model), only
mine is a 14x40. All-up price including a ton of accessories NEW was
only $2400 FOB. (yes, on sale... but does that matter?)

And that dinky, flexy desktop mill-drill isn't a good mill OR a good
drill press. Also available under $1800 if you look for the sales.

He'd have to throw in a truly expensive assortment of tooling to make
that deal worth the postage to send a check.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 May 2013 07:46:12 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Birmingham 12x30 gear head lathe

Rong Fu 40 mill

Gunner, those are WAY over-priced.
I have a similar lathe (same factory, slightly different model), only
mine is a 14x40. All-up price including a ton of accessories NEW was
only $2400 FOB. (yes, on sale... but does that matter?)

And that dinky, flexy desktop mill-drill isn't a good mill OR a good
drill press. Also available under $1800 if you look for the sales.

He'd have to throw in a truly expensive assortment of tooling to make
that deal worth the postage to send a check.

LLoyd

Indeed. But...both are nearly New. Seriously..... and when I said
there was a pile of tooling..there is a pile that wont fit in a
clothes basket..all still in their factory boxes. It fills a storage
shelf about 4' high.

So its a fair deal all things considered.
If you look at the photos..you will see there isnt even paint chipped,
just a bit of oil and grease on the paint, easily wiped off.

So figure 50-65% of new, for nearly new.

Shrug...I told him he should sell em for a grand, maybe 1100....each.
Someone would snag em.

I was shopping for a buddy, who bought a 1985 Enco, a green painted
copy of the same lathe, in decent condition...for $1100 on Ebay. He
recognized "Enco" and didnt understand that they were made in the same
factory..and the only difference was the color of the paint. Both
of these machines are 2006 versions.

As you know..I buy and sell machinery here and there...and do know a
little bit about the various brands/types/etc and their pluses and
minuses. So I figure I might know a bit about pricing..at least here
in California. Shrug.

The buyer is a professional pistol smith who has been in business for
20 yrs..and never owned a lathe. He has a very very elderly
Bridgeport...round ram and a tiny table..and a jig borer and a
micro-tig (Miller) and does beautiful work

Not cheap..and a little..odd...but does beautiful work

http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com

I told him Id buy him a HLV-H..but he got sticker shock when he looked
it up....(Grin).... I laughed at him when he offered to trade me a
"1911 Custom Package" for that lathe..and told him I do just as good a
job on my own guns for free. He sneered..then I showed him my carry
gun. He humphed, grunted and then said..."not bad..not bad at all"

Shrug

So he bought that Enco..and Ill be moving it the 5 miles from the
seller to his place and then spend a few hours teaching him how to
operate it.

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
Raid® to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machines for Sale, So. Cal...Does Gummer aka Mark Wieber have thelegal right to be offering these machines for sale?

On May 15, 7:36*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

LOL..the wolf must be at Gummer's door this month...or is it the tax
man..or any one of a dozen creditors?

Sooooooooooooo.....Gummer aka Mark Wieber of Taft, CA...do you have
proof that you have the right to be offering these items for sale?

Or is it once again misrepresentation along with the fraud of taking
people's money and disappearing?

I see that you are asking MUCH MUCH MORE than what the tools are
actually worth...again trying to screw people over.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 15, 7:46*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley :

Birmingham 12x30 gear head lathe

Rong Fu 40 mill

Gunner, those are WAY over-priced.
I have a similar lathe (same factory, slightly different model), only
mine is a 14x40. *All-up price including a ton of accessories NEW was
only $2400 FOB. *(yes, on sale... but does that matter?)

And that dinky, flexy desktop mill-drill isn't a good mill OR a good
drill press. *Also available under $1800 if you look for the sales.

He'd have to throw in a truly expensive assortment of tooling to make
that deal worth the postage to send a check.

LLoyd

Lloyd...you are correct on the mispricing.

Gummer reminds me of the ripodd artists on Craigslist who want much
more than MSRP retail for rusty scrap iron.

Then again...this is Gummer...so we shouldn't be surprised.

Note that Gummer doesn't offer any proof that he is allowed to sell
this stuff.

I wonder if he is reporting the income to the tax man...and paying his
creditors.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 15, 2:41*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

TMT- Hide quoted text -

So Gummer...where's that proof?

Laugh..laugh..laugh..

TMT