Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machines for Sale, So. Cal...Does Gummer aka Mark Wieber have thelegal right to be offering these machines for sale?

On May 15, 7:46*am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley :

Birmingham 12x30 gear head lathe

Rong Fu 40 mill

Gunner, those are WAY over-priced.
I have a similar lathe (same factory, slightly different model), only
mine is a 14x40. *All-up price including a ton of accessories NEW was
only $2400 FOB. *(yes, on sale... but does that matter?)

And that dinky, flexy desktop mill-drill isn't a good mill OR a good
drill press. *Also available under $1800 if you look for the sales.

He'd have to throw in a truly expensive assortment of tooling to make
that deal worth the postage to send a check.

LLoyd

Lloyd...you are correct on the mispricing.

Gummer reminds me of the ripodd artists on Craigslist who want much
more than MSRP retail for rusty scrap iron.

Then again...this is Gummer...so we shouldn't be surprised.

Note that Gummer doesn't offer any proof that he is allowed to sell
this stuff.

I wonder if he is reporting the income to the tax man...and paying his
creditors.

TMT