Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got some machines for sale

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...esForSale21213

I had these in storage in a friends shop and finally got them home a
week or two ago.

Rivett 918 second ops lathe. Rather hard to find
Ive got a rather nice collection of turret tooling that we can sort
through, from Hardinge and other machines that will work on this
$800

Hardinge DV-59 with X/Z table and tailstock. I may have other bits and
pieces to run with it.
$1800 OBO

Walker-Turner 20" bandsaw. Ive been told its actually a Milwaukee
bandsaw which is a goodie
$2000 OBO

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner fired this volley in
:

Walker-Turner 20" bandsaw. Ive been told its actually a Milwaukee
bandsaw which is a goodie
$2000 OBO

I've got a Kalamazoo 8A that'll handle 24" x 8". It was a bit of a
stinker when I got it (cheap) because of all the "shop fixes" that were
done over the years. But, Kalamazoo still offers parts for it, and I fix
up one little bugger at a time, as it annoys me. It's a workhorse, and I
couldn't get by without it. Drive wheel bushings, next.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:23:12 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner fired this volley in
:

Walker-Turner 20" bandsaw. Ive been told its actually a Milwaukee
bandsaw which is a goodie
$2000 OBO

I've got a Kalamazoo 8A that'll handle 24" x 8". It was a bit of a
stinker when I got it (cheap) because of all the "shop fixes" that were
done over the years. But, Kalamazoo still offers parts for it, and I fix
up one little bugger at a time, as it annoys me. It's a workhorse, and I
couldn't get by without it. Drive wheel bushings, next.

Lloyd

Ayup. Ive got a smaller 15" bandsaw that Ive had for nearly 15
yrs..also a Walker Turner and its been a workhorse in my shop.
Over the weekend I cut fiberglass, wood, some 303 stainless plate and
some rebar.

I just wish I had a working blade welder..sigh

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

[snip]

I just wish I had a working blade welder..sigh

In the mean time, it's easy to silver braze bandsaw blades together.

Make a fixture to hold the blade ends for grinding the scarf on the ends
to be joined, and another fixture to hold the scarf together while torch
brazing the ends together.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:50:10 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

[snip]

I just wish I had a working blade welder..sigh

In the mean time, it's easy to silver braze bandsaw blades together.

Make a fixture to hold the blade ends for grinding the scarf on the ends
to be joined, and another fixture to hold the scarf together while torch
brazing the ends together.

Joe Gwinn

Ayup..Ive been tigging them with some good sucess..but it takes much
longer to do if one isnt set up to do it.

Gunner

1. Lie