Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Even more welding machines for sale

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 20:03:21 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote the following:

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:23:17 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 01:23:44 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:01:19 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...99317463813970
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...99389386693666

Lincoln 300amp 220volt single phase welder. Run it off your garage power
or your electric dryer outlet

Shipping would be a killer. I'll just have to stick with my 180amp oil cooled
AC box :-(

Mark Rand
RTFM

Actually..the buyer left about 20 minutes ago. Drove 50 miles one way to
pick it up. Gave him about an hours worth of instruction, corrected some
of his mistakes. (boy is a FAST learner!!) and he paid me for the
welder, extra lead, and whatnot. I tossed in about 15 lbs of 6011 (which
he wanted for his project) and loaded it into the back of his pickup
with the forklift. Very nice guy and is gonna be a very good welder, now
that he has a decent machine. I actually envy him. I gave him a quicky
on TIG and his first weld looked better than mine did after 3 yrs of
stepping on the pedal...sigh....shrug

So its Sold!

Are there going to be earthquakes around Taft as the pressure on the Earth's
crust is relieved from all this stuff you're selling?

You don't know how right you are, Mark. He's about 11 feet from the
largest, most deadly fault in California. Taft is directly between
Santa Maria and Bakersfield, closer to the fault than to Bakersfield.
http://geology.com/san-andreas-fault/ Zoom in and the name Taft comes
up.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ayup. The San Andreas runs about..hummm...2 miles as the crows fly from
where Im sitting.

Which is why everything here..is tied down that needs to be, and
everything that can fall over..is supported and so forth.

We seldom have even slight tremblers..not like farther north.

I came here to Taft, after the 1983 Coalinga Earthquake, which flattened
my home. Company transfered me to their headquarters because I had no
place to live..and they needed me as the quake expereince showed that I
was cool and calm under pressure.

I fed my entire block as well as organized rescue teams to dig people
out of their collapsed homes for the first week, and continued to feed
ans shelter them until the Gov got their heads out of their asses.
Ive been a survivalist for a very long time..since the early 70s.

Hell..right now Im eating stored food from my stocks.
Money..is really tight.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch