Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorton 2-28 milling machine

For a while, I have been looking for a perfect manual millnig machine
for our handy guy and for some simple jobs not requiring CNC.

I bought this Gorton 2-28 mill.

http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/20712/photos/308.JPG

Not very proud of the price I paid, but it looked like a very good
machine. 2.5-5 HP motor (I guess dual speed), NMTB 40 taper spindle,
power feed on the X, Y axes and looks like on Z also.

Here's a catalog page that I found about it:

http://gorton-machine.org/forms/form_2321a/index.html

I want to keep it and not sell it.

Any comments, is that a good machine?

Milling machine Surelia Industries Home Repair 2 March 5th 12 01:53 PM
I-5 and a milling machine. Bill McKee Metalworking 17 November 28th 09 05:09 AM
cnc milling machine gilles Woodworking 8 December 20th 06 04:36 AM
Gorton P1-2 Pantograph Machine (needs collets) [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 12th 05 08:43 PM
F.S. Milling machine Dan Buckman Metalworking 1 March 10th 04 10:27 PM