Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default pulleys R us

I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

I needed a new pulley for my compressor short version is watch both sides
when backing in a load of lumber when the new pump arrived . So I cast a
3.25" X 3" slug out of scrap aluminum and made one on the lathe . Dimensions
and angles are easily found on the 'net ... and for that matter , the one on
my lathe is also home made .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Have you checked your lathe?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Look in your city for a place called Johnstone Supply. They are HVAC
distributors, and do have some pulleys. I have account there. If they have
it and won't sell you, I'll buy one and ship it to you.

So, what's the application?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/04/13 19:32, Karl Townsend wrote:
I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

If you were in the UK I would suggest Challenge PT
http://www.challengept.com/products.php?id=4&subid=17 as they have an
80.5mm OD (3.17") taper bore SPA section pulley, that's 1/2" IIRC, in 1
2 and 3 groove, that gives a 75mm pitch diameter. They seem to cover
Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia but not the US. I expect that there
must be a similar company in the US though. Having bought things like
this recently they are so cheap off the shelf it's just not worth ones
time making one unless a suitable standard one can't be found or your
time is cheap and money tight.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/12/2013 2:32 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Are you still not home?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Have you checked your lathe?

Good one!

yep, going to have to make it. Got plenty on my plate right now,
didn't want to spend several hours on a $20 part.

Yep Tom, I'm back up nort'

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message ...
I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

http://browning-pulleys.com/

http://www.dodge-pt.com/products/pt_...s/v_belts.html

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=548

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 13:32:10 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Surplus Center Item# 1-2BK34-B
It is an a-b but should give you your diameter from the a only pulley.
Unless you are limited by OD.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
I need a pulley, no go in grainger, MSC, and mcmaster carr.

where would you try next?

If it matters, "A" only(or 4L) size belt (everybody has went to dual A
and B on same pulley), 3.15" OD, two groove. The old broke one has a
QD bushing, I'll take one with 5/8 bore.

Karl

Surplus Center Item# 1-2BK34-B
It is an a-b but should give you your diameter from the a only pulley.
Unless you are limited by OD.

I am confused. I thought the two groove pulleys can use either two A
size or two B sized belts. I can not imagine anyone making a pulley
that was two groove with one groove for an A size belt and the other
groove for a B size belt. I think they list two diameters because the
pitch diameter is different when used with an A or B size belt. Look
at your Grainger catalog. It lists a single groove pulley of 3.15
outside diameter and lists A and B pitch diameters.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/12/2013 8:11 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Have you checked your lathe?

Good one!

yep, going to have to make it. Got plenty on my plate right now,
didn't want to spend several hours on a $20 part.

Yep Tom, I'm back up nort'

Yea, like you have something better to do?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

The "A" only pulley is 0.500 wide at the top of the pulley groove.

The "A B" is 0.625 wide at the top of the grove and plenty deep to run
an "A" pulley. BUT it is wider and larger OD than the pulley runs,
also make a double groove put a gap between belts.

I learned this the hard way.

Karl

Compound pulleys.... Existential Angst[_2_] Metalworking 48 August 25th 10 03:16 PM
Pulleys Bob La Londe Metalworking 16 January 30th 09 11:25 PM
V Belt pulleys John Rumm UK diy 3 February 20th 08 08:55 PM
die-cast pulleys Grant Erwin Metalworking 17 March 8th 05 03:28 AM
PULLEYS OR SHEAVES? Grant Erwin Metalworking 7 June 25th 04 07:08 PM