Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Madness at the gun show

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:21:28 -0700 (PDT), clark
wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.

There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:59:11 -0600, "Pete C."

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.

There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity
knows that 100 rds is nothing.

So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:25:31 -0600, "Pete C."

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity
knows that 100 rds is nothing.

So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.

Actually the run on ammo, guns, magazines, etc. is almost entirely first
time gun owners, many are asking me or others I know for advice on what
to buy. All the long time gun owners stocked up last election, have all
they need and in some cases are selling some surplus for a tidy profit.
As for expensive hobbies, I have many and shooting is one of the cheap
ones.

Well, flying is definitely more expensive, as is building the plane.
Cars too.

What I was getting at is, if you want to have an expensive hobby, you
don't complain about the price. It's your choice. If it's not a
hobby, having a lot of ammo sitting around does not make much sense.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

If there really is a persistent shortage of the stuff, that seems very
peculiar. The stuff is very cheap to produce - old technology - and the
production lead times are short. A persistent shortage points to some
kind of market manipulation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

So how many fire extinguishers do you have in your home?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

kind of market manipulation.- Hide quoted text -

Shh...don't let the gun loons know that they are being taken to the
cleaners.

Instead just tell them that prices will be going up..up..up and they
better buy what they can find now for crazy high prices.

Sucker born every minute..

Conservative born every minute...

Think they are the same idiot....

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:14:43 -0400, wrote:

snip
So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.

Oh....like the US government, who bought 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo?
Enough to fight a war in Iraq for the next 26 yrs.

Gunner

Interesting:
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...-of-civilians/

Law enforcement training to kill civilians, DHS buying 1.6 Billion rounds,
DHS buying ~3,000 armored assault vehicles for use in the USA. Why would
anyone be suspicious?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 23, 10:19*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 3/23/2013 7:21 PM, Pete C. wrote:

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
* *There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity
knows that 100 rds is nothing.

I have several thousand rounds of 7.62 ammo, and I am damn glad I do.

I'm fortunate that I ordered a few cases of selected calibers before all
hell broke loose. It's like anything else you might buy at Sam's,
COSTCO, etc. it's cheaper in bulk and it doesn't go bad.

I'm curious about that. *Why doesn't it go bad? *Why wouldn't the
chemical composition of the powder change over time? *Perhaps slowly,
but I'm wondering why it wouldn't change.- Hide quoted text -

It does...but don't tell the gun loons.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
* There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

Perhaps those of us that shoot more than 100 rds per session?

Last weekend, I fired 350 rds.

With what guns? *You said a while back you had to sell all of
yours...for, oh, about the fifth time.- Hide quoted text -

LOL...Gummer lives to lie.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

hobby, having a lot of ammo sitting around does not make much sense.- Hide quoted text -

Gun loons bitch and whine because they are cheap skates.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.

*There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

Perhaps those of us that shoot more than 100 rds per session?

Last weekend, I fired 350 rds.

Next question?

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Too broke to pay your taxes but you can shoot ammo all day long.

Sounds like someone needs a field audit.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 23, 5:21*pm, clark wrote:
20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.

LOL..I just love it to see conservative suckers get taken to the
cleaners.

Laugh..laugh..laugh...

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 01:23:46 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:14:43 -0400, wrote:

snip
So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.

Oh....like the US government, who bought 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo?
Enough to fight a war in Iraq for the next 26 yrs.

Gunner

Interesting:
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...-of-civilians/

Law enforcement training to kill civilians, DHS buying 1.6 Billion rounds,
DHS buying ~3,000 armored assault vehicles for use in the USA. Why would
anyone be suspicious?

RogerN

and the 35,000 drones....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A the moment, eight.
But only two on the boat.
At the moment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:14:43 -0400, wrote:

snip
So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a
target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a
private
or civil war for 4 years again.

Oh....like the US government, who bought 1.6 Billion rounds of ammo?
Enough to fight a war in Iraq for the next 26 yrs.

Gunner

Interesting:
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...-of-civilians/

Law enforcement training to kill civilians, DHS buying 1.6 Billion
rounds, DHS buying ~3,000 armored assault vehicles for use in the
USA. Why would anyone be suspicious?

RogerN

But the Administration doesn't have the money to pay air traffic
controllers at busy regional airports.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/23/2013 11:24 PM, toolless gutless dickless Too_Much_A_Fool lied:

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????

Perhaps those of us that shoot more than 100 rds per session?

Last weekend, I fired 350 rds.

With what guns? You said a while back you had to sell all of
yours...for, oh, about the fifth time.

LOL...Gummer lives to lie.

That's what makes you and he so well suited to one another. You're both
reflexive liars.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It may well change over time, however sealed in the cartridges and
stored under reasonable conditions it doesn't deteriorate rapidly enough
to mater in human lifetime scale. The ammunition I purchase today will
be just as good and useable in 40-50 years when I'm expected to drop
dead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

George Plimpton wrote:
On 3/23/2013 7:21 PM, Pete C. wrote:
I'm fortunate that I ordered a few cases of selected calibers before all
hell broke loose. It's like anything else you might buy at Sam's,
COSTCO, etc. it's cheaper in bulk and it doesn't go bad.

I'm curious about that. Why doesn't it go bad? Why wouldn't the
chemical composition of the powder change over time? Perhaps slowly,
but I'm wondering why it wouldn't change.

As long as the ammo is stored in cool dry areas ammo will last FAR longer than the human
who has it. I have some 8mm that is from the tail end of WW II. Fires just fine. The most
common failure is the case itself corroding through if it gets banged around and ruins the
coating.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:08:53 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

wrote:

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each.
And people were buying them.
There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition
on hand????
All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity
knows that 100 rds is nothing.
So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target
shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on
ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private
or civil war for 4 years again.

With .22 ammo? They're going to run a civil war for for years using .22
ammo? You think?

You need something to kill the food with. You don't use the larger bore stuff for that if
at all possible.

I picture five guys shooting at the same gopher, and then fighting
over the bloody rag. You'll need something to shoot the other four
guys, so keep your big-bore guns handy.

Otherwise, you'll be left with nothing but 'possum waffles.

--
Ed Huntress

Wilkinsons madness. The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 33 April 1st 10 10:21 PM
ice cube madness [email protected] Electronics Repair 63 April 6th 08 08:34 PM
ice cube madness [email protected] Home Repair 56 April 6th 08 08:34 PM
Mailbox madness HeyBub Home Repair 1 November 2nd 06 01:01 AM
Shop Cranes: I'll show you mine if you show me yours... Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 4 March 3rd 05 12:08 AM