Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this vice called?

I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular
jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any
odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to
buy another but don't know what to search for.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:38:31 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular

jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any

odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to

buy another but don't know what to search for.

If you charge guys to put their dick in it, it is vice.
I you put it on a drill press and clamp the work in it, it is a vise.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 22, 7:23*am, GunnerAsch wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:38:31 -0500, wrote:
I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular
jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any
odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to
buy another but don't know what to search for.

"https://www.google.com/search?q=vise+with+adjustable+jaws"

Then at the very top of the screen, click "images" and scroll through
all the photos until you find the one that matches.

I recall seeing one of them some time back in a shop but cant remember
any details

Gunner

He might have one of these:
http://www.busybeetools.com/products...LTING-JAW.html

There are better pictures of one for sale on a UK website (of course
with the British spelling of “vise”):
http://www.uni-max.co.uk/machine-vice-102/d/

(also “aluminium” jaws for sale there.)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:35:09 -0700 (PDT), "Denis G."
wrote:

On Mar 22, 7:23Â*am, GunnerAsch wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:38:31 -0500, wrote:
I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular
jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any
odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to
buy another but don't know what to search for.

"https://www.google.com/search?q=vise+with+adjustable+jaws"

Then at the very top of the screen, click "images" and scroll through
all the photos until you find the one that matches.

I recall seeing one of them some time back in a shop but cant remember
any details

Gunner

He might have one of these:
http://www.busybeetools.com/products...LTING-JAW.html

There are better pictures of one for sale on a UK website (of course
with the British spelling of €śvise€ť):
http://www.uni-max.co.uk/machine-vice-102/d/

(also €śaluminium€ť jaws for sale there.)

Similar..but the one I saw had (2) "tilting" jaws so it would grasp
odd sized and non linear work pieces.

And I cant remeber where I saw the damned thing. I do recall seeing it
and mentally saying "cool!" after a quick flash of the applications.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:10:07 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 3/21/2013 11:38 PM, wrote:
I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular
jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any
odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to
buy another but don't know what to search for.

Like this?
http://www.quietelectronics.com/Alas...-S110175A.aspx

That is the one..or very similar to the one I saw!!

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 22, 5:43*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 3/22/2013 5:10 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

On 3/21/2013 11:38 PM, wrote:
I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular
jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any
odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to
buy another but don't know what to search for.

Like this?
http://www.quietelectronics.com/Alas...e-moveable-jaw...

If so, you can buy it here for $67, plus $95 shipping to US:http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/E...er_Milling_Vic...

I did a search on " Moveable jaw drill press vice " and found a
company in India that makes that vice.

Dan

makeshift vice sal[_2_] Woodworking 11 June 5th 12 06:40 AM
Sorta On Topic - Vice Needs... Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Metalworking 16 November 23rd 10 05:23 PM
Cross Vice Andy Hall UK diy 23 March 25th 07 11:58 AM
Old Vice, need a hand Fatdaddys Metalworking 33 May 21st 06 04:51 PM
this has got to be a handy vice? The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 8 October 5th 05 01:57 PM