Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default O.T. Tornado Warning Device

The NWS minimum warning area is for the county I live in. I want a
warning for Tornado sounding winds approaching my home. Tornado's in
this area normally travel from the south West to the north East. I do
not want an alarm for the correct sounds moving away from my home.
This device would allow millions of people to work and sleep without
worry.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"dpb" wrote in message
Watching your local Doppler radar feed is the best bet and your best
chance of somehow automating something would be to figure out a way
to tie into that feed and utilize it...which isn't all that bad an
idea, actually, now that you've prompted it.

When we were developing a component of ADS-B the engineers added a
feature to filter out approaching aircraft warnings until they came
within 20(?) miles of the unit's GPS location.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automat...ance-broadcast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_911

jsw