Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default O.T. Tornado Warning Device

On 3/9/2013 9:30 AM, wrote:
The NWS minimum warning area is for the county I live in. I want a
warning for Tornado sounding winds approaching my home. Tornado's in
this area normally travel from the south West to the north East. I do
not want an alarm for the correct sounds moving away from my home.
This device would allow millions of people to work and sleep without
worry.

There _is_ no unique sound pattern -- I've seen one come within a
half-mile of the house w/ no noise whatever.

Watching your local Doppler radar feed is the best bet and your best
chance of somehow automating something would be to figure out a way to
tie into that feed and utilize it...which isn't all that bad an idea,
actually, now that you've prompted it.