Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sorta on topic - Cowboy assault rifle?

I'm looking for a traditional lever action .3030 saddle gun, but I
find I'm actually more impressed with the Marlin 336 compared to a
traditional Winchester 94.

It seemed like the working parts just fit together better - crisp and
clean action, and a stronger flat-top top frame.

And I like that the bolt can be removed easily for cleaning like a
breech loader...

I shoot open sights, so the ejection port and the scope mounts are
not all that important to me.
And no, I don't think I need the lever operated bayonet option.

Mostly I'd shoot 150 grain factory Winchester loads.

I wanted to ask if anyone else had any experience with either rifle.

Anything in particular to pay attention to?

Likes or dislikes.