Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - unsolicited merchandise through mail

I recently bought a tool on eBay and the seller sent 2 of them, in
separate packages. I offered to return one, but got no response from
the seller.

I know that I don't have an obligation to the seller, but I was curious
about my options and found this:
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedFraud.aspx

Briefly, if something is sent in the _mail_ that you didn't order, you may:
"return to sender" without postage required,
throw it away, or
keep it for free - "... 'finders-keepers' applies unconditionally."

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:21:44 PM UTC-5, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I recently bought a tool on eBay and the seller sent 2 of them, in

separate packages. I offered to return one, but got no response from

the seller.

I know that I don't have an obligation to the seller, but I was curious

about my options and found this:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedFraud.aspx

Briefly, if something is sent in the _mail_ that you didn't order, you may:

"return to sender" without postage required,

throw it away, or

keep it for free - "... 'finders-keepers' applies unconditionally."

Bob

That was from the days when someone would send you a product to try out, then hide in the fine print all the hoops you would have to jump through to return it without purchase.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:21:44 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I recently bought a tool on eBay and the seller sent 2 of them, in
separate packages. I offered to return one, but got no response from
the seller.

I know that I don't have an obligation to the seller, but I was curious
about my options and found this:
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedFraud.aspx

Briefly, if something is sent in the _mail_ that you didn't order, you may:
"return to sender" without postage required,
throw it away, or
keep it for free - "... 'finders-keepers' applies unconditionally."

Bob

I'm just waiting for "Dial A Diamond" to accidently send me that 10
carat diamond that was meant for someone a few streets over.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My aunt Myrtle says she heard at the hair dresser that one of the women
heard from the CIA guy that those diamonds are made with radiation. Makes
your hair fall out. And they did deliver to the wrong adress one time, it
was a mob boss.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org