Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - unsolicited merchandise through mail

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:21:44 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I recently bought a tool on eBay and the seller sent 2 of them, in
separate packages. I offered to return one, but got no response from
the seller.

I know that I don't have an obligation to the seller, but I was curious
about my options and found this:
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedFraud.aspx

Briefly, if something is sent in the _mail_ that you didn't order, you may:
"return to sender" without postage required,
throw it away, or
keep it for free - "... 'finders-keepers' applies unconditionally."

Bob

I'm just waiting for "Dial A Diamond" to accidently send me that 10
carat diamond that was meant for someone a few streets over.
Eric