Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what about making remote valve for lowering

to lower bottle jack when completely covered. Is there a way to connect to
lowering valve port

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ng-566730-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"overkill" wrote in
message oups.com...
to lower bottle jack when completely covered. Is there a way to connect to
lowering valve port

How about a simpler solution. Maybe just a long handle? Perhaps with a T
handle to make operating the valve at a distance easier?

You said "completely" covered though so I'm not sure. The thing is it's a
simple valve built into the body of the jack, so setting up a remote valve
is not going to be super easy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, February 3, 2013 6:16:13 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:
"overkill" wrote in

message oups.com...

to lower bottle jack when completely covered. Is there a way to connect to

lowering valve port

How about a simpler solution. Maybe just a long handle? Perhaps with a T

handle to make operating the valve at a distance easier?

You said "completely" covered though so I'm not sure. The thing is it's a

simple valve built into the body of the jack, so setting up a remote valve

is not going to be super easy.

Super easy. Drill and tap for the fittings, and run hoses to and from the remote valve.

Now is that safe??????????????????????
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cross-Slide" wrote in message
[...]

A separate hand pump and cylinder may turn out to be easier:
http://www.amazon.com/Porta-Power-Hy.../dp/B0025C4ZN4
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:02:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[...]

I have taken apart and modified a couple jacks to work upside down.
Doing that I have seen how the valving works. It would be much easier
to do what Jim suggests. The little valve you turn on the jack is in a
chamber with a hole at the bottom, a hole near the bottom, and a hole
with a seal at the top that the valve stem goes through. Turning the
valve stem either puts pressure on, or relieves the pressure on, a
ball bearing located at the bottom of the chamber. This ball seals the
hole at the bottom. When the ball comes away from the bottom oil flows
through the hole at the bottom and through the hole near the bottom
and into the oil reservoir. There really is not much room to add more
plumbing for yet another valve.
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Not much room right around the valve...
You need to tap into the lift chamber and the reservoir.
Those two areas have more than one spot to get at.
The remote pump is likely a more elegant solution.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A porta power might be the easiest off the shelf solution depending on the
application. Doh! I should have thought of that. I have one, and I have
used it like that. LOL.