Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gas water heater anode is gone....

So, while we're on this subject, my water heater is now in the 12th year of its five-year warranty. It's been no trouble, but I'm wondering whether I should replace it "just because."

For all those thinking that putting the WH in a pan with a 1" drain hose is going to protect you from leaks: You should have seen when my old heater failed. It was quite spectacular, with water shooting out of the flue opening like a geyser. No way would that have been contained by any reasonable pan.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

-I'd appreciate any thoughts on:
-a) when should I replace the current water heater?
-Thanks.

When you can't help worrying about it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:58:19 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

-I'd appreciate any thoughts on:
-a) when should I replace the current water heater?
-Thanks.

When you can't help worrying about it.

WE should replace it when we can't help worrying about it.

HE should wait.

--
I’ve long been passionate about protecting and expanding democracy,
which is really the only viable mechanism to preserve liberty and