Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Curta Calculator Video

Hi all,

Had heard of these, but never actually seen one... as a matter, the
video is also a first for me.

I'm sure some here have experience with them. Looks like they were a
fascinating piece of engineering!

http://www.numberphile.com/videos/curta_calculator.html

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
Erik wrote:
Hi all,

Had heard of these, but never actually seen one... as a matter, the
video is also a first for me.

I'm sure some here have experience with them. Looks like they were a
fascinating piece of engineering!

I picked one up on eBay a while back. They're hard to get now for
a decent price, but I got lucky.

A truly amazing little piece of technology, but actually a little
clumsy to use.

I have a type II that I use now and then just to remember how. They are
a complex machine inside.
I found mine with the instruction book, import stamps and receipt in a
box of auction stuff.

They are clumsy to use but when you consider what the alternatives were
at the time they were a big step up.

--
Steve W.

BTU calculator Proctologically Violated©® Metalworking 6 June 21st 12 12:07 PM
Tenma 72-870 NTSC Video Pattern Generator video shifted to right. JW Electronics Repair 0 October 2nd 06 11:59 AM
Can I Record Audio onto the Video Tracks of my VHS Video Recorder? Gazza Electronics Repair 18 January 16th 05 02:29 PM
Calculator Mike Metalworking 39 March 31st 04 08:16 AM
video producer seeking home inspection company to produce how-to video David Welch Home Ownership 0 February 5th 04 11:03 PM