Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default BTU calculator

Awl--

Looking for a decent A/C btu calculator. Did google, which increasingly
seems to be a chaotic hassle. Plus being a pyooter moron don't help.

Found one, I thought on the Mitsubishi site, for mini-splits (MrSlim.com),
but now I can't find it again--at least not the same one.
The one I found, and lost, actually did room *volume* (not just area), and
accounted for the # of people occupying the area, as well as kitchen
proximity.

FYI, people (sedentary) are about equivalent to a 60-75 buhb--iow, not the
brightest buhbs. huyuk
Very heavy exertion can bring this up, short term, to 250 W, in trained
athaletes (yes, 3 syllables).

Inyway, iny clues?? Or does anyone mebbe know the formula? Some will
include a geographical factor, 0.7 for the northeast.

I'd ask on alt.hvac, but that's a g-d effort in futility.
But Cliff will proly cross-post it for me.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveF

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
[...]

Don't know of a specific calculator for AC loads but you might continue
searching with "Manual J" which is the calculation guide book for HVAC
loads. A place to lurk for possible answers might be www.hvac-talk.com.

A spreadsheet for heating loads is on the Pikes Peak Building Department web
site http://www.pprbd.org/plancheck/heat_loss.html from which you can pull
the formulas.

Good luck.

Steve.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveF

[...]

Was poking around and found this site which might also help.

http://homeenergy.org/archive/hem.di...95/950509.html

Steve.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Steve,

These are all excellent links. The hvac.talk forum is a welcome relief from
those ****heads at alt.hvac, altho DIYers are sort of frowned upon there as
well. But they seemed to be tolerated w/ more graciousness, and at least
there are *many* other decent threads to learn from.

The Pikes Peak spreadsheet would be great, but it appears to be only for
heating. Comprehensive, tho.

The homeenergy.org place has an excellent article by a PE, a nice glossary,
excellent A/C overview for anyone building from scratch/renovation/ground up
hvac system, and basically sez: No goddammbody knows how to size A/Cs, not
even the trades own Manual J!!!

Go figger.

The site I lost had a really nice calculator..... goddammm......

So I *still* don't have a btu calculator! Altho I think the hvac-talk forum
will eventually lead to one.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"SteveF" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Speechless

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:46:59 -0400, "SteveF" wrote:

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

Looking for a decent A/C btu calculator. Did google, which increasingly
seems to be a chaotic hassle. Plus being a pyooter moron don't help.

Found one, I thought on the Mitsubishi site, for mini-splits (MrSlim.com),
but now I can't find it again--at least not the same one.
The one I found, and lost, actually did room *volume* (not just area), and
accounted for the # of people occupying the area, as well as kitchen
proximity.

You mean this one?
http://www.mini-split.com/html/mini-split.htm

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

I'll be goddammmmmed!!! DATS IT!!!
1. Bless you.
2. HTF did you find it?
3. How come, after *I* found it, and used it for a part of an evening, I
couldn't find it again?????
Clearly I forgot to bookmark it, but still....
Goodgawd....

--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Speechless" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Try our one? Works best in Chrome of Firefox

https://sites.google.com/site/aircon...alculator/home

Let us know if it was what you were looking for?