Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Microwave Schematics

I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS
Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it
exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a
information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay
to have this one fixed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:56:05 -0800, Bob Gentry wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:39:07 -0500, wrote:

I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS
Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it
exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a
information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay
to have this one fixed.

Try:
http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owne...owave-l0911122

HTH

Bob
rgentry at oz dot net

Thank you for the link. GE provides no repair information. They want
me to pay them to fix it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Want to try and do your own repair? You any good with electric things?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS
Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it
exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a
information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay
to have this one fixed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:07:33 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS
Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it
exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a
information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay
to have this one fixed.

Assuming a service guide exists for made in china stuff like that is
asking alot.

What's it doing wrong?

microwaves here at work seem to all last no longer than 1 year. They
usually die by catching on fire from food arcing over, so that is
technically user abuse, so it's hard to blame the kids that put them
together.

the sheet metal they use these days is unbelievable thin, crappy and sharp
though.

My favorite was a supervisor back in the '70's that stuck some
alkaline material used to make glass in a microwave in a pyrex dish to
dry. Microwaves were relatively new then, and he stuck it in for
something like 10 minutes. We were leaning against a lab bench as he
talked to us when we noticed a glow from that bench. The stuff had
actually melted and was working its way through the pyrex. Cooked the
microwave. I guess all those OH- bonds were as good at absorbing the
radiation as water.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message ...

I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS
Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it
exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a
information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay
to have this one fixed.

Not sure what your microwave is doing, but I had a relatively new microwave
just go dead. Found a thermal fuse inside had blown, killed power to
everything. Inside the microwave was transformers and switches, door
interlock, etc. plus thermal fuses here and there. Not too hard to trace
without a schematic but I don't think the method would have worked if it was
a main board problem or something like that.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:07:33 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

I have a defective out of warranty GE Microwave. Model WES1452SP1SS
Serial MS900938B. I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it
exists. Does anyone have this document or can you point me to a
information source? A new one is $100 at wallyworld so I will not pay
to have this one fixed.

Assuming a service guide exists for made in china stuff like that is
asking alot.

What's it doing wrong?

It is 2 years old and stone dead. At first I thought it was a blown
breaker. After I eliminated that possibility I opened it up and
checked the 20 amp fuse. i need a schematic to continue. My wife
needs a working microwave so I will probably spend the money and pick
up a new one. I have other problems that are a lot other things that
are more important in my life.

microwaves here at work seem to all last no longer than 1 year. They
usually die by catching on fire from food arcing over, so that is
technically user abuse, so it's hard to blame the kids that put them
together.

the sheet metal they use these days is unbelievable thin, crappy and sharp
though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message ...

snip

It is 2 years old and stone dead. At first I thought it was a blown
breaker. After I eliminated that possibility I opened it up and
checked the 20 amp fuse. i need a schematic to continue. My wife
needs a working microwave so I will probably spend the money and pick
up a new one. I have other problems that are a lot other things that
are more important in my life.

Mine had the same symptoms, there was a few thermal fuses inside the
cabinet, one was blown. I measured ohms starting with the cord, followed
through the wires on the inside and was lead to the thermal fuse. The
thermal fuse that was bad on mine was toward the top of the enclosure. I
was about the buy a new microwave but found the problem right before heading
to the store.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 29/11/2012 6:31 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:
[...]

A bit like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj2u2n_o7Cw

There are better videos but this was the 1st one that popped up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:39:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I am looking for the factory repair manual, if it

exists.

Microwave ovens are not complex. You really do not need a repair manual to check out everything except the control board. And the control board hardly ever fails. A friend used to repair them and said the common problems are blown fuses. I think he included thermal fuses along with regular fuses.

Dan