Junior Member

Default Carbon brushes

HELLO,
I am looking for carbon brushes to fit a 9.6v hand drill. I finding this supplier here. Can i use one of that carbon brushes here - Carbon Brushes? The hand drill is one of the expensive types with years of life in the motor and the batteries are good.
Thanks,
denden
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You didn't supply any where near enough
information. We need to know the

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Brushes' (http://pantrac.com/products/carbon-brushes?)? The hand drill

--
denden

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

denden wrote:

HELLO,
I am looking for carbon brushes to fit a 9.6v hand drill. I finding this
supplier here. Can i use one of that carbon brushes here - 'Carbon
Brushes' (http://pantrac.com/products/carbon-brushes?)? The hand drill
is one of the expensive types with years of life in the motor and the
batteries are good.
Thanks,

What SIZE are these mythical brushes?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 8, 4:03*am, denden wrote:
HELLO,
I am looking for carbon brushes to fit a 9.6v hand drill. I finding this
supplier here. Can i use one of that carbon brushes here - 'Carbon
Brushes' (http://pantrac.com/products/carbon-brushes?)?The hand drill
is one of the expensive types with years of life in the motor and the
batteries are good.
Thanks,
denden

--
denden

The local hardware has bins of brushes here, you just need to get the
right size. If you can't get the right size, graphite can be whiltled
or filed on easily, get slightly over-sized ones and fit them. Have
had to do that for some odd-ball motors. If they're the type with
attached woven copper leads, though, it'll be hard to find some. if
it's a quality tool, it'll have screw caps for brush replacement. If
it's a quality drill, you SHOULD be able to get on the manufacturer's
support site and order the proper ones. One reason for buying name
brand tools instead of cheap disposables. The other thing is that
sometimes the commutator is badly out of round, I had one VW generator
that was wearing brushes, was at least .030" out of round. Had to
turn it to get it to stop sparking and wearing the brushes out. It's
worth pulling the armature and checking between centers.

Stan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I worried the humor might be too subtle.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..