Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone need a Cessna valve removal too?

I bought a rather interesting valve removal tool at a going out of
business sale last week. Its one of the biggest Ive ever seen and one
of the employees (a friend) told me to snag it. When I asked why...he
said "because its a valve removal tool for a Cessna engine"

Anyone need it?

Photos will be forth coming

Gunner

--
You just opened the window for a glimpse at the liberal mindset. You
people think, for some unknown reason, that since you are infinitely
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:35:03 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

I bought a rather interesting valve removal tool at a going out of
business sale last week. Its one of the biggest Ive ever seen and one
of the employees (a friend) told me to snag it. When I asked why...he
said "because its a valve removal tool for a Cessna engine"

Anyone need it?

Photos will be forth coming

Gunner

No such thing as a
"cessna" engine. It will be either a Lycoming or a Continental engine.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 20:39:22 -0400, clare wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:35:03 -0700, Gunner wrote:

I bought a rather interesting valve removal tool at a going out of
business sale last week. Its one of the biggest Ive ever seen and one
of the employees (a friend) told me to snag it. When I asked why...he
said "because its a valve removal tool for a Cessna engine"

Anyone need it?

Photos will be forth coming

Gunner

No such thing as a
"cessna" engine. It will be either a Lycoming or a Continental engine.

Actually, in the late 1920's Cessna did make engines -- or at least it
modified Anzani engines for more power. There was a shortage of good,
modern (for the time) engines in the 100-150 HP range, and Cessna had
airplanes to sell. So they figured out how to replace the self-actuating
intake valves with cam-actuated ones.

In the end it only sold them a few planes, but it does make an
interesting bit-o-trivia.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:
I bought a rather interesting valve removal tool at a going out of
business sale last week. Its one of the biggest Ive ever seen and one
of the employees (a friend) told me to snag it. When I asked why...he
said "because its a valve removal tool for a Cessna engine"

Did you ever sell those aircraft books?
If not, send me an email. The one I'm
using for you keeps bouncing.

-jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:18:07 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
I bought a rather interesting valve removal tool at a going out of
business sale last week. Its one of the biggest Ive ever seen and one
of the employees (a friend) told me to snag it. When I asked why...he
said "because its a valve removal tool for a Cessna engine"

Did you ever sell those aircraft books?
If not, send me an email. The one I'm
using for you keeps bouncing.

-jim

GACK!! No..I certainly didnt and I was supposed to photograph them!

Sorry Jim...Ive been doing a crap load of honey do's while hoping the
phone would ring and I forgot completely about them!

I just made yet another note and will photograph them this weekend.

That stroke certainly didnt do my memory much good..did it?

Gunner