Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DC Variable speed drive on Myford.

Looking for pros and cons. I just "inherited" a virtually brand new
Leeson 1 HP 90 volt DC motor and variable speed drive (Penta Power
Multi-Drive KBMD-240D ) (I say "virtually" because it has been
sitting in a box on a shelf for a few years and had a 3:1 gear reducer
on it at one time, but it has never been installed or used) I'm
thinking of putting it on my Myford Super 7. Any experience out there
with A) variable speed drive on a Myford Super 7 or equivalent or B)
the Multidrive controller and Leeson motor combo.