Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Whatzit -- hydraulic clamping tower?

I have this tower here.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hydraulic-Clamping-Tower/

Any idea who made it? It weighs 1,000 lbs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus20433" wrote in message
I have this tower here.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hydraulic-Clamping-Tower/

Any idea who made it? It weighs 1,000 lbs.

Usually this type of tooling is designed and built by the end user, out of
compoment parts that were supplied by several different manufacturers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:42:09 -0500, Ignoramus20433
wrote:

I have this tower here.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hydraulic-Clamping-Tower/

Any idea who made it? It weighs 1,000 lbs.

Hey Iggy,

Take all the bolted on components off, and you will be left with a
"tombstone". Useful for multi-part loading of whatever for (usually)
CNC milling. Used as a 4-position right-angle-plate.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell.

ps...are you going to IMTS next month. I can't go this year due to
Frances' health, but if you want a ticket...?????
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have this tower here.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Hydraulic-Clamping-Tower/

Any idea who made it? It weighs 1,000 lbs.

Its a fixture "tombstone" from a CNC mill or machining center.

Probably custom made for the job.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper