Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this rotating welding table?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:30:56 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ignoramus30438 wrote:

I bought this table, along with two Fanuc robotic welders and two
Lincoln Idealarc DC-400 MIG welders.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Rotating-Welding-Table/

The table rotates around the middle.

The table clearly is a welding table. It has a welding cable
connection on the bottom that swivels. (and also came with some length of
3/0 welding cables)

But what does it do exactly, eludes me. It is made by Automated
Concepts of Omaha, NE, that fell victim to corporate carnage.

It's a palette changer of sorts with a shield in the middle. On one side
the robots are welding, on the other side the humans are removing the
previously welded part and installing the next part to be welded. When
both are complete it indexes to the other side and the process resumes.

Exactly.

What language do the robots speak? I have a big box of Karel
programming manuals for a GMF Fanuc welding robot I did some work on.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus30438 wrote:

[...]

This is what it is, GMF Robotics Fanuc robots.

This is the auction page.

http://www.premierarg.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000022045

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus30438 wrote:

[...]

Ah, brings back memories. i was responsible for the care and feeding
of four GMF robot cells for about three years. Still got a bad spot on
my arm from when I f$%^ up and programmed the robot to pin me down. I
didn't DARE turn in the injury - lead engineer doing something unsafe
to cause a lost time accident.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus30438 wrote:

[...]

I will have two GMF robots for sale soon.