Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default ROTATING FINISHING TABLE

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/434.xml

I made something vaguely similar, long before I ever saw this.
Mine uses an old skateboard wheel, what some people would call "scrap"
plywood, glue, so cost was nil. Works fine.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

I may have made the mother of all wood shop rotating finish tables for
spraying my kitchen cabs. 48 x 48 (MDF) inches it rotated on eight
steel ball bearing rollers. These are available at woodworking supply
places but mine just happened to be industrial surplus. An old round
table served as the support and a short piece of gas pipe mounted to
the center of the table and projecting up through a hole in the MDF is
the pivot. Worked great. Allowed many cases or panels to be sprayed
at once. Now my cabs are done I will be taking it apart
I made something vaguely similar, long before I ever saw this.
Mine uses an old skateboard wheel, what some people would call "scrap"
plywood, glue, so cost was nil. Works fine.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/434.xml

I made something vaguely similar, long before I ever saw this.
Mine uses an old skateboard wheel, what some people would call "scrap"
plywood, glue, so cost was nil. Works fine.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

G'day JT,
I made one as well. It's about 18" diameter with 4 castors. A bolt
through the centre and into a block fixed onto the spray booth table and
all's good.
If I remember correctly I took the castors of an old office chair that
was going to the tip so the only cost was the 1/2" bolt.
Amazing what you can make for almost nothing with just a little thought
and a big junk pile

regards
John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:29:21 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/434.xml

I made something vaguely similar, long before I ever saw this.
Mine uses an old skateboard wheel, what some people would call "scrap"
plywood, glue, so cost was nil. Works fine.

My small one is based on a used lazy susan. My big one is
telescoping iron pipes, attached to proper flanges, with suitable
weight on the base section depending on what's on top.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Mon, Sep 17, 2007, 7:36am (EDT+12) ""johntoymaker\"@large puddle.com"
(John*B) doth sayeth:
snip Amazing what you can make for almost nothing with just a little
thought and a big junk pile

Hi ya John. Very satisfying too.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/434.xml

I made something vaguely similar, long before I ever saw this.
Mine uses an old skateboard wheel, what some people would call "scrap"
plywood, glue, so cost was nil. Works fine.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

I have two made from garage sale lazy suzan bearings and cable reel ends.