Don D.

Default here is my welding table

I was asked to show my welding table by an e-mail so I thought I would list
it tonight on metalworkers web for everyone to see. Here it is:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/welding_table.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/welding_table_1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/welding_table_2.JPG

I hope this helps

Don D.

Tim Wescott

Don D. wrote:

I was asked to show my welding table by an e-mail so I thought I would list
it tonight on metalworkers web for everyone to see. Here it is:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/welding_table.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/welding_table_1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/welding_table_2.JPG

I hope this helps

Don D.

Too pretty. My welding table is composed of 80% stuff I dragged out of
the former owners' scrap pile and the rest bought for the pound at the
local steel surplus. I would have been able to make it out of 100%
scrap except that I hadn't yet found the dead boat trailer in the back
40 when I made it.

The only deficiency at the moment is that I haven't yet bolted it to the
wall for those times when I need to really whack something hard in the vice.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Don D.

It may be too pretty to you but it was cheep to build. The 1/4 plate was cut
out of a 36" X 48" that was out of the scrap yard all grimed and weld cuts
and total greasy. It looked like it was a base from a work table that they
torched into sheets. I have a lot of grinding to the top to remove all the
torching from separating everything.. I bought 2 plates for $70.00, so that
piece cost about $12 - $15.00, a set of wheels for $8.00, 1 20' 1.5 angle
$17.00, and 1.25 flat for $12.00??? and a few grinding wheels
The Sq tubing was a FREEBEE
2 days work just tinkering
I have a 1/2 hp motor bolted on it now with a 8" stiff wire wheel until I
can get a station built for the wire wheel and the belt sander.
I have it drilled for a large vise also...
I can say it is not pretty now, it is getting a work out every weekend and
some nights.
Don D.

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
Don D. wrote:

[...]

Bugs

Same here. I just built a table out of a farm gate that a neighboring
farmer was going to tote to the dump. I cut all the welds and
straightened the pieces on the anvil. It looked like it had been run
over by a ten ton truck & then trampled by a herd of stampeding
buffalo.
The material is pre-rusted, so it blends right in with my mossy shop
building. Ready made quaintness. G
Bugs

LowEnergyParticle

Very nicely designed and built table, Don! OK, I'm inspired; time to
build myself a nice welding table!

Thanks,
Dave

Tim Wescott

top posting fixed

Don D. wrote:

Don D. wrote:

[...]

Actually I was responding out of spite and jealousy -- my table doesn't
have the natty cutting area off to one side, although I suppose I could
add it.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Don D.

Tim and others.
I do thank you for the positive response.
I have scanned the web and looked through a lot of books I bought to get
ideas to work off and scanning the scrap yards up to 50 miles away on my
days out of town doing my job. I found the 1/4" plates 50 miles away... I
am still going to get the last one just for ****s and giggles, for that
price I can't go wrong.
The book that I found the table in is WELDING Basics by www.creativepub.com
I made it a little bigger and made the slates removable, then added the
wheels, handle and a gun holder. I am going to add a drawer for the everyday
tools needed and a slag catcher pan.

I can tell you, that book has a lot of small things to make with diagrams.
Not bad to a tinkerer. We like candles and there are a lot of candle
holders in that to make.

SORRY, I like to tinker and my expense to make it easier for me..

Again, Thanks for the encouragement. I just thought I would share what I
learned and made for others to work off like I did..