Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chain saw brakes!

I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Due to the handy device, you kept your hand?

Lets give a big hand for chain brakes!

I've got to hand it to you.....

Now, everybody... SING!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAzBOGA2JPA

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric

They have a brake?

(I have a Husky, and use mine frequently to prevent brain fart incidents.)

Steve ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric

The main reason for the brake is if the saw kicks back it will keep you from
sawing your skull in half.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What is this "break" that hits the helmet? What gets broken?

I think it's wise to use the power switch for routine shut off. E-brake had
some kind of pad or lining that won't last forever.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
The break often hits the helmet of the sawer. Sometimes it is brush.

I use the off switch on mine. The brake I save for dangerous times.

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric

They have a brake?

(I have a Husky, and use mine frequently to prevent brain fart incidents.)

Steve ;-)

Some of the new ones even have an inertia operated brake. Those still
have the brake lever but also have a system that trips under sudden
motion. Those can be a real PIA when you're doing limb work. I know the
reason for them but they could use a selector.

--
Steve W.