Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chain saw brakes!

The break often hits the helmet of the sawer. Sometimes it is brush.

I use the off switch on mine. The brake I save for dangerous times.

Martin

On 6/16/2012 10:19 AM, wrote:
I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're
quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not
sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a chain
brake as emergency safety device. I was sawing and I slipped and my
hand came off the saw handle and hit the brake. The chain stopped
instantly. Though my hand went past the bar without touching it if it
had the chain would have been stopped already. A real handy device and
I'm glad my saws have 'em.
Eric